• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sparkling Gourami Vs Cherry Shrimp

Really nice photo aquaplantdemon ☺

I have a pair in a 19l and they are regularly displaying to each other & chasing sometimes - so I'm assuming I have boys because of this?!

Although I read the shape of their internal organs is different - in males where the organs stop is rounded & in females the organs taper upwards. If this is an accurate method the smaller of my pair looks like a female!

They are facinating to watch & don't seem to bother my six amano shrimp although they swim close & look like they're staring out a shrimp... Then swim away.

I agree that they love live food - particularly daphnia, but have taken small brine shrimp & bloodworm. I also feed Hikaru micro pellets & they much prefer mid feeding the moving pellets in the flow or grazing the hardscape. I can understand why they are considered a micro predator & am glad they haven't developed a taste for my amano shrimp!

It's entertaining to watch them swim toward an amano eating a food pellet...consider pinching it - & they stalk it like a cat after a bird in the garden. Very predatory behaviour.

Back