• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Stocking for a 96l tank, already with 8 cardinal tetra

Brenig102

Seedling
Hi all,

Im wondering if I would be able to add some more stock to my 96l?

At the moment there are 8 cardinal tetras there

The substrate is akadama,
The tank will be quite heavily planted once my plants start growing a bit more haha and there is plenty of wood in there
There are also quite a few caves and sheltered places

I am planning on getting a few red cherry shrimp so would hope if you could suggest some safe fish with those:)

But its not the end of the world if I don't get them and accept all of your suggestions...

It all depends on your filter turnover ,bio media ,plant mass and of course the fishes waste produce. For example you can't compare cardinal tetra with a gold fish.I have 15 cardinals, 7 harlequin rasboras, 2 pencil fish, 3 furcatas ,5 ottos ,and a dozen of amano shrimps. My aquarium volume is 120 liters (empty) and is heavily planted. You can forget about the old 1cm of fish for every 2 liters of water rule.And of course don't forget the weekly 30 to 50% water change.
Cheers!

Perhaps some (low grade if you've not kept before) Taiwan bees to complement the cherries. I think double up the cardinals. How about some nice zebra Otos?

And maybe some amano shrimp, nerite snail?

I'd double the cardinal numbers to have a good sized school. I personally like corydoras, in your size tank I'd have a school of 10 Corydoras pygmaeus. They're very sweet, social and stay small. Along with that I would get some shrimp as suggested above.

Are you looking to evenly stock the tank or are you looking for a centrepiece type fish? What's your water quality? I'm assuming fairly soft with cardinals?

I'd double the cardinal numbers to have a good sized school. I personally like corydoras, in your size tank I'd have a school of 10 Corydoras pygmaeus. They're very sweet, social and stay small. Along with that I would get some shrimp as suggested above.

Are you looking to evenly stock the tank or are you looking for a centrepiece type fish? What's your water quality? I'm assuming fairly soft with cardinals?
Pygmy cories, good idea, have them, great little guys

Back