• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

t5 combination

sdlra

Just curious about what combination of bulbs to use at present using 4 x 39 watt t 5 which consists of 2 x plant pro and 2 x original.....lights on 9 hrs a day with all four on 4 four hrs per day ......thinking of getting rid of one of the originals and using a marine white......any suggestions or ideas would be helpful ps co2 and Ei doing method being used

TBH, a thats a bit over my head with lights, I stick on what looks good :) Might be a better idea to stick this in the general forum :thumbup: I have a couple of tanks with Marine white in, they look pretty good. Try the combination see if you like it, the plants won't mind :)

I dont know your tank dimensions, but you most probably dont need all 4 on for 4 hours. It will probably be overkill and give you more algae issues, unles of course you can maintain co2 and nutrients in excess. It is generally easier to make light the limiting factor as it is the easiest aspect to control.

I have a similar situation where I have 4x 54 w except two lots as my tank is 8 ft long. I do use Plant pro on half the lights and keep these on for 8 hours. I do use all 4 lights for 1 hour at night, but that is only really for a viewing period where i use Osrams with a whiter appearance plus the plant pros. Also my tanks is screened some what with floating plants. I would think that since plant pro combine aspects of the Original your current lighting might look quite pinkish. A 10,000 k marine white would help to balance it out. Personally I would replace both the originals, but this is all entirely down to personal taste. The current lighting is fine for growing plants.

What worries me about the marine white is the fact is its 14,000 k which is very blue and encourages algae ? Although plants grow really well and don't have any issues now with it .....so wondering if this could upset everything. Also wondering if four x plant pro is worth looking at or would the balance be wrong ?

I do would love to how to I attach pic ?

<script src='http://imageshack.us/shareable/?i=tylk.mp4&s=98&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

about month old video.....must update hope it gives you idea though

Im running 3x 8w T5 luminaire over 9 gals. 2 white and 1 origional. No pressurised co2 just easycarbo and plant nutrition daily and so far all is well on the algae front. I found the origional tube to pink and dim so the whites balance it out better visually. Dont know kelvin rating of whites as they came as standard along with blu attinic but they are probable cheap ones roughly 10,000k.

I now running the 2 marine whites and the 2 plant pro the four only for 4 hrs.....plants pearling nicely ......result :thumbup:

Back