• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

t5 lighting questions

Duran

Seedling
Hi guys. Sorry im new here been reading the lighting threads alot . Was wondering if 4x24watt t5 be to much light. It work's out to 96watts over a 149l tank. Tank is 800x50x60cm. Tubs are 2x gro lux and a 6500 and a 10 000.. Is that to much light as I have bba and green dot algae. Not bad but its there:(

That is more, much more than you need yes.

How much would you recommend? Its high tech dosing EI that a prof made from is dry ferts down in SA.

if your seeing algae then as a rule you have too much light or not enough co2 for that light :)

while all algae is influenced by light, its also worth noting that BBA is also caused by poor/fluctuating co2 and green dot by poor co2 and low phosphates.

If its not bad then now is the time to deal with it as once established, particularly BBA, its a nightmare to get rid of. Lower the light level, look over your co2 and flow - increase and or redirect as necessary along with increased water changes and general maintenance.

When running high tech you cant be complacent, especially with new setups. It will bite back :)

Thanks for the help lian. I turned 2 of the lights off and then I dont get pearling at all. Should I leave the other 2 off? My flow was really bad so will fix that today. I am dosing npk 3 times aweek. So not sure if I'm add to little. I do a 50% water change a week should I up that abit?

Would raising the light unit higher help? The algea I have is mainly on the glass and rocks. I kinda like the green look on the rocks. Bba is dieing after spot treating excell. And its also only on the rocks. My plants are green and algea free. But will increase the flow and decrease the light.:)

Back