• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

These tanks are down to you guys

Frenchi

Hi ppl
Since I joined this forum I think my tanks have come on heaps:)
Yeah they had plants in before hand but was quite rubbish haha!
Anyway just wanted to say thank you to you all for your information and help..

If you have any suggestions on how to improve them please don't be shy just tell me :)

Here are the two tanks that look something like ...
The smaller tank I'm needing some advice on how to help the micro sword grow in the left front corner
94d3adb2fcfff8a26f7c9947894a87d7.jpg
4a56750fc2848d0f0fffa0b817cca683.jpg

If you can tell me how to kick start the micro sword in the below pic I'd appreciate it :)
9a7a993598b1f6bbdc582b6713759d0b.jpg

Thanks for looking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To increase growth first of all make sure that it is getting adequate co2 and flow, if all parameters are good then I would recommend removing floating plants in order to increase light but ONLY if you can provide a suitable increase in co2, flow and ferts.
And btw great tanks with lush and healthy growth, we can give advice but only you can spend the time implementing the advice given!

Nice Tanks Frenchi. The microsword is one of the tougher/slower ones so you might need to build up some patience with it.

You mind giving some more details on the tanks? Thanks.

Cheers

Nice Tanks Frenchi. The microsword is one of the tougher/slower ones so you might need to build up some patience with it.

You mind giving some more details on the tanks? Thanks.

Cheers
Thank you
The first tank is 250 litres
Pressurised co2 injection via canister filter
Dose standard Ei
I have 2 large canister filters both 1000 litre per hour
Also a 600 lph power head to assist flow

2nd tank

85 litres
Also Pressurised co2 injection via canister filter
Dose standard Ei
600 lph power head

Cheers

Mick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reason for the slow growth could just be a dead spot in the water flow....is there any green spot algae on the glass in that area? I always find this where I have poor flow.
What's the flow rate of the filter your using, as long as it's at least 250lph then it's ok, the standard rule would be 10x tank turn over an hour.

I'd make sure the power head and filter are working together and not cancelling each other out, it can be tricky and its the reason I always tend to use a spray bar outlet and always try to achieve 10x turn over with JUST the filter and not use a power head.

Back