• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Thought i'd share a couple fish images

Might I ask what camera and settings you used? I am just beginning to wonder how much it would cost to get some proper photography gear so that I can get great aquarium shots, so it would be of great help.

Sorry don't mean to sound crude but it's not the camera that takes good pictures.
I decent DSLR with aperture priority and a good macro lens and lots of practice Ive found that using a off camera flash and shooting at a angle yields the best results.(buy a used one !)

This camera is a Nikon d90 and takes a good picture but when i was doing nature i needed a better d700 full frame so i could crop more of my images.
sample of my cropped images

bird_0764.jpg

I've seen a lot of people also say that the key is not the camera itself but the macro lens and the lighting. What do you mean by shooting at an angle?

Oh and sorry for the hijack of the thread, I really do appreciate your help as I am a complete newbie when it comes to proper photography.

And I hope you get well soon!

Back