• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TMC 1000ND Growbeam Tile

A

Antipofish

Hey guys,

I bought a TMC 1000ND Growbeam Tile originally for my Nano, but I'm thinking it really is overkill for a 30L tank :rolleyes:

I currently have 2 x 24w T5's above my main tank (80cm x 45cm x 55cm high) and have been thinking how slow my plant growth was till I remembered how many times I tell other people that lighting is the speed control for plant growth.... I have also noticed that to all intents and purposes, one of the T5's is doing nothing at all. It was a reddish spectrum and now it is barely glowing at all when on, so I would say its definitely beyond its sell by date !!

So I got to thinking about putting the 1000ND above the tank. with the remaining T5 at the back.

Only problem is, my tank is centre braced so half of the light from the tile has to pass through 8mm thick glass.

Question: Is the glass likely to significantly reduce the output that reaches the bottom ?

KrisHumphreys1991 said:
Chris, you must have a lot of room for all that expensive hardware in your house mate :lol:

Have you seen the size of a TMC tile ? Hardly a space waster 8) But I do have a lot of room in the house, we live in a Castle :rolleyes:

I'll give you a Tenner for the tile ;) i want one- very nice things.

No one is getting their grubby little paws on my tiles OR my 2 bedroomed one level castle. GET IT ? :twisted: :lol:

Antipofish said:
KrisHumphreys1991 said:
Chris, you must have a lot of room for all that expensive hardware in your house mate :lol:

Have you seen the size of a TMC tile ? Hardly a space waster 8) But I do have a lot of room in the house, we live in a Castle :rolleyes:

Wow. Literally ?

:wideyed:

KrisHumphreys1991 said:
Antipofish said:
KrisHumphreys1991 said:

Wow. Literally ?

:wideyed:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Back