• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tom's Poco Pozo

Another great video of a seemingly natural ecosystem...reminds me of the techniques employed by Oxford Scientific Films. Way back in the day, they used similar set ups - then very innovative - to capture the hitherto unseen behavior of fish etc.

Time for a wee update I guess.

All the L. sediodes finally died :(. Not enough light I guess (stems got longer and longer whilst the leaves got smaller and smaller and eventually vanished). Have replaced it with L. inclinata var. 'verticillata', will have to see how that does. Also had an explosion of duckweed but not too fussed really as the current keeps it all in the back corner anyway. Looks quite effective.

I've given the palm grass a pretty aggressive prune as it was trying to escape through the skylight and was flowering like mad. Other emergents and submerged hair grass all doing fine. Still loads of tannins despite fairly frequent water changes.

Some fish photies from this evening (I rigged the old Kessil back up again) -

O4is6R.jpg

PCEDpN.jpg

8jlhJ0.jpg

VWezQv.jpg

opIdmH.jpg

I've got 15 Iguanadectes spilurus and some more N. eques arriving next week :)

Last edited:
Turns out that Iguanadectes are not easy to photograph without flash! AF wasn't cutting it because they wouldn't sit still long enough, but weirdly just using room lights gave better contrast and allowed faster locks, so a couple of keepers. White balance all over the place!

bMDBUI.jpg

amDmbz.jpg

I also beefed up the pencilfish shoal :)

F4hWX6.jpg

yYg3l7.jpg

Attachments

• amDmbz.jpg
    amDmbz.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 137
  • amDmbz.jpg
    amDmbz.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 130
  • F4hWX6.jpg
    F4hWX6.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 144
  • F4hWX6.jpg
    F4hWX6.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 137
  • yYg3l7.jpg
    yYg3l7.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 153
  • yYg3l7.jpg
    yYg3l7.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 144
  • amDmbz.jpg
    amDmbz.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 146
  • F4hWX6.jpg
    F4hWX6.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 145
  • yYg3l7.jpg
    yYg3l7.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 146
Umm yeah I've not long moved mate so all I have now is a 3' community tank and my 20L "betta" tank which is now full of cherry shrimp and over growing frogbit... once the roots found the substrate crazyness began.... If I had anywhere to put them I'd snatch them up... I might have to pay with alcohol instead ;)

Stunning tank mate, I'll drop you a PM or something after the new year fun has passed. I do fear that you may get totally sick of the brain picking tho... I might even bring a note pad haha :p

Back