• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Two Rocks Balanced - 64L - Low tech

Plants look very healthy & algae looks to be minimal, so really a nice low tech (slow growth ;)) set up.
If you feel you want to tinker, you might
1) add another dose of liquid CO2 at the start of the evening light cycle ...
2) if you're at an excess of "carbon", consider adding slightly more light, eg, turn on that 2nd T5 for 1hour in the middle of your evening light cycle
3) change your weekly fertilizer dose into a daily or alternate- day dosing scheme
When you trim the stem plants, are you seeing good growth from the trimmed base & the replanted top?

1. Not an option, as I am at work during the day, so I would not be able to add the second dose.
2. Not an option, as I cannot control the T5 tubes separately - not worth the investment of 1 hour.
3. I was also thinking about that. I do plan to experiment with adding some more fertilizers mid-week.

Stem plents are getting very good growth, they take root pretty quickly.

Hi TallDragon Sorry to hear about the Loach :( Wonderful Scape:thumbup: Healthy plants too :)
Hi Greenfinger, thanks for stopping by.

Here is an update.

The loach has been replaced by 2 ram cichlids, (Mikrogeophagus ramirezi) who turned out to be both males. They were chasing each other all the time and all the other tank inhabitants were feeling stressed. All my Amano shrimp and Red Cherries disappeared into the small tunnel under the wood. I did not see them for a whole week.
17018105676_5efd9ce6bd.jpg

This weekend I got the more agressive male replaced.... hopefully this time it is a female. The two do not appear to be fighting or chasing each other. The red cherries have also come out of hiding.

Also, while I was in the shop I picked up a very rare little plant (also quite pricy) : Bucephalandra cf. motleyana "Melawi" . It is a very gorgeous, deep green plant.
16495277744_3b36813dd3_z.jpg

from the side:
16495280984_c932a48234_z.jpg

Tank seems to be filling in nicely ... interesting how little algae is on those fabulous stones ;)

The Buce is interesting though I'm not sure about the placement - seems a bit busy where it is

A few photos taken today.
One of the ciclids died. Appears to have choked on a baby Red Cherry shrimp.
I also donated 9 of the neons to a friend, to decrease the load.
Around 1,5 weeks ago, I totally cut the lighting before the siesta for 2 reasons, we went away for 4 days, so I could not add the Easy Carbo every morning. Also BBA was starting to appear.
Lighting is now only 3pm-9pm.

17427891276_d38bb6672b_z.jpg

closeups:
17267640829_4aa84c49bd_z.jpg

16833634833_432f66dff2_z.jpg

Nice tank! But you know that eggs of the amano shrim don't hatch, righ?

Back