• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Upgrade for 65ltr. Suggestions?

I have a Jewel Korall that I'm doing a dry start on. I'm going to flood in a few weeks but want to get the lighting upgraded first. It's got a single 15 watt T8 bulb and I calculate the output to be 1WPG.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can use? I see there are some beamswork 400 LED lights on the bay, are these any good?

Has anyone done a hood upgrade on one of these aquariums?

Hi George.

great DSM journal. It's been the cornerstone of my attempt.

I've been using the same light since start up. I'm growing Glasso, Staurogyne Repens, vesicularia-dubyana-christmas, ammania-sp-bonsai and vallisneria-nana.

The main worry is the Glosso as its the most demanding. Growing with pressurised Co2 when I eventually flood, but worried it may be a little dark when I do flood.

If you look in this section I have done a brief review of the beamswork 24'' unit as I up graded my jewel korall. There is my journal 54l 'the nook' featuring this tank. Novatouch2000, sellers on ebay, sell an led light you could use to upgrade the hood. They also do one with a dimmer and at around £50 are very attractive prospect. There is also my old 54l journal but can't rem title(it may have beamswork in it)

I've just realised your tank might be deeper than mine as its 65l, not 54l. mine is 60x30x30cm. Journal was 54l, beamswork led

Back