• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Wavepiont LED Strip Light

Ian, ref the mountray brackets, do you remember the thickness of tank rim these would fit? I wondered if they'd fit a fluval Roma with the top trim still fitted.

The Roma has the same thickness as the tank seen in the pic. They will fit perfectly.

Sorry Ian, even with the top plastic trim on? Your tank looks rimless in the pic of yours.

Oh sorry, yes I removed the rim on this tank. I'm not sure with the rim on tbh. How big is the rim?

I remember now that someone posted a picture of a scape with the new TMC strip ligts that looked like Wavepoint that will be available soon? Anyone knows anything more about them?

Ha sorry Piotr, lost your comments in amongst my conversation with Ian, sorry! If I recall correctly it was George Farmer using the soon to be released new TMC's.

The bracket do 1cm I'm afraid, other that suspending them, I'm not sure you'll find a bracket to fit that.

Ah ok Ian, good to know thanks :) I did think about removing the trim but Hagen advise not to do so...

Hi all. I am new to this forum but have done so much reading over the last few months having decided to try a planted aquarium properly. I was prompted to take a step further and sign up today having read Rob P's comments about the rim of his Roma and accommodating light systems. I have a Fluval Vicenza 180 (3ft and 150 litrs) and am looking to buy LED lighting. I have at the moment Guiesmann Midday x1 and aquaflora x 1 24 watts each 2 months old (I know that is old school now) I painted the back and sides of my tank black and really like the look of it but I am wondering if I have compromised the light efficiency. The t5 tubes are only 22'' long so I am finding that plants in back corners are struggling. I tried first Eustralis stellata hefty but I have had to move what was left after 2 weeks , to the centre. Easier plants seem to cope but my real question is whether anyone has seen in use the Fluval aqualife and plant high performance LED which I believe came out this year? (Fluval clip on U Tube) It has 54 LED 2,580 lumens, 5,952 Lux 5,200K. My problem is that I would have to remove existing top and sit this over. It has extending arms, but to fit my tank I would need the 2nd size ie 36''. I just hope this would not be too much light as I do not want to suspend it from the ceiling. Any advice would be greatfully received. You all seem so knowlegable and I have so much to learn! Thanks so much in advance.

Hey, welcome aboard :)

You'll learn SO MUCH here, amazing amounts of talented helpful people ;)

You'd be better off starting a new topic for your questions, however my personnal biggest piece of advice to you is that any decent LED system for a newbie needs to be controllable. They are brilliant, and dangerous! :D

Good luck :)

Thanks for that Rob. I note the "controllable" part especially. I have pressurised Co2 via the soda stream method which works very well and passing through an atomiser. As you say so much to learn! Most plants and advise I have been getting via Aqua Essentials.:) First time I have used a forum so need to work out how it runs.!

OOPs ! I have noted a typo..... The fluval led has 504 LEDs not 54!!! in 5 different wavebands. I have contacted Hagen to find out if it can be controlled but I fear not or they would have said in the marketing schpeel. Thanks again.

Back