• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Weird Observation

RohanC

Is it possible that a plant fails to produce chlorophyll during the first few hours of the photo period, leaves being pale and then starts producing chlorophyll thereby leaves turning green, everyday? If so then what could be the reasons?

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk

Strange... I've had many cases where plants start the day highly coloured and end the day looking a bit washed out after a blast of high intensity HQI light. I've always figured that this was down to the high lighting either causing the plants to "back off" or due to insufficient nutrient availability to match the lighting intensity.

Your experiencing the opposite which is perplexing, any photos? What species of plants?

I sometimes find my plants look a little pale on the top at lights on, which is also when I dose micros. I've always just assumed that it is a very slight and temporary micro deficiency which is fixed within hours of the photoperiod/micros being dosed. Could well be something else though.

I find this happens only (obviously) on my heteranthera zosterifolia, and not everyday, just occasionally.

I sometimes find my plants look a little pale on the top at lights on, which is also when I dose micros. I've always just assumed that it is a very slight and temporary micro deficiency which is fixed within hours of the photoperiod/micros being dosed. Could well be something else though.

I find this happens only (obviously) on my heteranthera zosterifolia, and not everyday, just occasionally.

That was the same experience as mine with HZ.

Back