• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which light fixture is better....

Kazuya

I currently looking for another light fixture for a possible 90P setup.

I would like to hear opinions on pros and con on each of the following light fixture.
ATI Powermodule 4x24 <- Yes I know its 4 bulbs will only use 2 out of the 4
Giessman Reflexx 2x24

I just can not find a site that shows if the Giesemann reflexx has individual reflectors.
Also is it a bad thing that it does not have an active cooling fan?

Thats strange, that was not the impression I was getting from reefers anyway. They seem to rate ATI over Geismann if only marginally.

ATI employs active cooling which helps maintain T5 PAR out put over time as compared to passive cooling used in Giesmans. A downside could be that with more mechanics (fans) more could potentially go wrong. I have not had any problems for over a year, but longer is the real test.

The ATI also claim to use the most superior quality reflectors in the market.

However these are both geared towards hardcore Reef enthusiasts. In the planted hobby massive PAR output is not the issue, so ATI being more powerful is not really hear or there unless you have a really deep tank.

Thanks for the response.

The ATI comes out a bit expensive because I would have to get bulbs for it.
The tank is 45cm high.

Fans going out would not be good. That would be more money.

Might just go with the Giesemann.

George Farmer said:
Giessemann is superior quality and regarded as more reliable.

I disagree, I don't think the ATI is any less reliable or lower quality than Giessemann.
I know a lot of people who use the ATI powermodule in the reefing world and they have nothing but high praise for them

Back