• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which lights for a 5'x24x18"

stan1973

Hi

I have a 5' long x 24" deep x 18" wide and it looks like my old T8's are knackered, I can now only get one bulb to come on and have tried new bulbs & starter on the other two and they wont work.
I'm looking to replace with maybe T5 but dont know all the options. The tank has its own cabinet & lid so i just want something that will easily fit in the hood.

A few details about the tank:
I don't run with CO2, I do add some ferts though, I'm kind of doing EI but dont do the 50% water every week, It's more like every 3 weeks. The plants are not growing apart from the floating plants which grow well, I have some cryptocoryne, amazon swords and star grass and the substrate is tesco cat litter, I recently added some root tabs and injected some fish poo into the subtrate last time cleaned the filter.

Please can someone give some advice on which lights would work well and recommend where I can buy them at a good price and be cheaper to run.

Thanks

Stan

Back