• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which moss works best?

mort

Which moss would you recommend for a low tech run system for growing on twigs with a pH slightly on the acidic side of neutral? I don't mind it it bushes out a little but would prefer one that doesn't send long stands out which needs constant trimming. The tank is already setup and it'll be an aqua scape change so can't dry start.
I have looked but everyone seems to use different species and I'm just looking for something simple that I can forget about.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks trio, that's what is commonly called java moss isn't it? If so I think I have some already so that would be a happy coincidence.

Great thing about Java Moss when you trim you can tie them to wood,rock,pebbles in jars,containers given daylight not sunny on a windowsill ,change water every few days it will do well and you can use it later

Tropica is selling a moss called Taxiphyllum 'Spiky' which they categorize as Christmas moss big brother.
Grows more beautiful than java moss in a low tech tank but try keeping up with tight trimming from the start or you will get die back from the inner light depraved part and your moss might not stay in place.

JamesFlexton discusses Java Moss in his tutorial.I find it grows more robust with trimming when on wood

Back