• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

White mouth on my Pearl Diano could be Fungus?

Jay1

I bought some pearl Danio's Four of them and the largest one had some white lips not sure if it before, when I bought it three days agoTBF?
Anyways here is the best picture I can come up with any experience would be good as I pulled him out when I spoted it and stuck him into my quaratine 40litre hospital tank.
Currently dosed 2x5ml Pimafix over two days giving it a week to see if it goes away?
20150518_215854.jpg
20150518_215421.jpg[URL=http://s202.photobucket.com/user/Clipperjay/media/Fish%20Tank/20150518_215314.jpg.html]20150518_215314.jpg[/URL]

Last edited:
I would have no idea what it is.
However, the best first treatment is always just daily water changes, a clean cycled tank, good food and no stress, and observe the fish.
If there's a bacterial infection, it is either due to the fish having been kept in poor water quality, or a secondary disease due to primal parasitic infections. Therefore dosing antibacterial meds is the last resort.

Columnaris affects the mouth and is one of the few primary bacterial infections that don't need a trigger of any sort but you'll know if it's that as it kills fast enough. I don't think Primafix will cut it at all for columnaris.

I can't see the fish's mouth in this picture, but see if there are any "growths" causing the white mouth or is it just discoloration/greying sort of thing. I know once I purchased a clown loach, he got a white nose, as if he rubbed off all his colour and it looked like a white pimple but it was actually the colour of his nose gone completely, possibly due to the stress of moving. It sorted itself out in a couple of weeks itself.

Update two weeks went past the white had gone its possible he got injured on frozen blood worm ice cube kind of frost bite, but to cut a long story short he was put in a shallow basin ready to go back to general population and I left on the kitchen table got distracted by the kids and half an hour later my cat was licking her paws after all that work gutted my fault hangs head in shame.
Here is the updated pictures of the Danio recovered!
P1040586.jpg
P1040585.jpg

Back