• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

White spot on german ram

Get that surface agitation like in a river if you can. That's really important. I can't see it so I can't tell. We all have different understanding what strong surface movement is. That's all I want to stress about. And again, good luck. I hope it's a 100% success which it should be but there's going to be some stressful time for you ahead.
And also, watch the fish and critters while doing so, they'll tell you if they are ok. For the most part besides being extremely hyper, they should act normal and be very hungry because of the high temps!
82ac73f1edfe079d2bf75ad26edaa1bb.jpg

85359deba1fcd3bacb9a6ddf222da848.jpg

73344c9755ea862b8774ccf569790351.jpg

I'm sure this is adequate agitation

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

i havent used it but i have already bought the salt for the treatment. i bought saxa coarse sea salt. it says 100% natural. at the back it says its free from additives. will this be okay for the treatment.

Sea salt is not my favourite, may raise the TDS way too much but it should work. I used rock salt from the supermarket.
Anyway, I'd add 1 tablespoon of salt per each 5 gallons as a final target so I'd spread that amount over the course of 4 days, don't dump that at once. You can do 2 tablespoons of salt per 5G which is better for white spot but I didn't as I didn't want to push the fish's tolerance to salt and it worked fine for me.
With the high temperature the white spot should not be spreading to other uninfected fish as the temperature kills it when it falls off the fish and the life cycle is shorter which helps. Salt is to have the double protection just in case.

Okay so this morning I saw that the ram had zero spots. I did a 50% WC with gravel vac and added 1 tablespoon of sea salt since yesterday I added 2 tablespoons.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Back