• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

White spot plants and salts

FIsh i

Hi ukaps my first post here so big hi to you alll
Just picked up some white spot free with a fish from my very well none chain of aquatic shops a real pain in the HEAD
My live breeder 100ltr tank contains-
Four platys with about 20 fry
Six endlers
Low to mid plants Java fern,rotala,money wort,hair grass,Xmas moss,sag and Anubias
No co2
Easy life easy carbo and proFito 1mil per day
Started treating with interpet no 6 turned up the heat and added loads more surface agitation
Should I add salt into the mix?
Thanks
Justin

Don't turn the temperature up to high as some of those plants will begin to suffer above 28 degrees. White spot is usually triggered by stress due to the fish moving or via poor tank conditions.

Don't need to add the salt just medicate as instructed.

Don't turn the temperature up to high as some of those plants will begin to suffer above 28 degrees. White spot is usually triggered by stress due to the fish moving or via poor tank conditions)
Could not agree more the journey and way the new fish end up in the aquarium is vital ,any mishap can reduce the immune system and whitespot breaks out

Thanks guys all noted.
Laid off the salt, turned the heat up to 29c for a few days then slowly turned back down to 26c. I have now finished treatment three days later no sign of spots but got my eye on.Also bought some new life spectrum Thera A which they love!

Back