• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Wild growing Blyxa

We all know Blyxa japonica, but how many of us ever seen it growing in the wild outdoors? Three days ago I went for a walk following a tiny stream next to some farmland when I came across some Java moss and.....
kleiner 2.jpg

....yes, Blyxa japonica.....needles to say that loved every minute of my little walk.
kleiner 1.jpg

I know it's a common plant, but seeing them grow in the wild made them special for me. Actually I always liked them, now just a little more.

This is in south China.

Attachments

• kleiner 2.jpg
    kleiner 2.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 235
  • kleiner 1.jpg
    kleiner 1.jpg
    494.6 KB · Views: 231
Lovely, thanks for sharing.. :) You're a lucky man Martin.. Being able to walk there and suck up all this beauty.
Do you also know what that little stemplant is with the egg shaped leaf growing with this blyxa?

Lovely, thanks for sharing.. :) You're a lucky man Martin.. Being able to walk there and suck up all this beauty.
Do you also know what that little stemplant is with the egg shaped leaf growing with this blyxa?
I have no idea, I was wondering that too, I'm not sure if that on is aquatic though.

I have a pretty large floodplain of a stream right in fron of my door. :) But it's rather very swampy and all surrounded by barbwire fence.. :( There's plentifull to find i'm sure of, i would love to explore it already seen Eleocharis sp., callitriche sp. and more i like to see up close, reaching it would be like taking a mud bath. But able to do that like you in a (sub)tropical region, now thats the cherry on top.

Blyxa japonica.....needles to say that loved every minute of my little walk.
I know it's a common plant, but seeing them grow in the wild made them special for me. Actually I always liked them, now just a little more.

This is in south China

Hi, Martin.
I'm interested in wild grow of Blyxa japonica. Its look like very huge on your photo. It has more wild and short leafs to contrast of aquarium growing plant. Maybe you have some more wild Blyxa japonica photos, for example with your hand to see the scale.

PS Would you able to specify a geographic position of that stream. Thank you

Hi, Martin.
I'm interested in wild grow of Blyxa japonica. Its look like very huge on your photo. It has more wild and short leafs to contrast of aquarium growing plant. Maybe you have some more wild Blyxa japonica photos, for example with your hand to see the scale.

PS Would you able to specify a geographic position of that stream. Thank you
Sincerely... I hope he doesn't.

On the photo's you can also spot some duckweed, this should show you how big the plants are, but the plants are just as big as I have seen them in shops here and in Hong Kong, they just look different because they grow in this small stream with parts of the plant exposed to open air and full sun light blasting down on them. I did also spot them in a deeper part of the stream and they didn't look different than any Blyxa I've ever bought before.

The stream is just outside the city where I live.

Back