• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

will this work?

MrLarner

i recently bought a 60litre tank which came with a 24w plant light T5
but after speaking to alot of people, ive been told the light could and should be higher wattage considering im dosing ferts and running c02, so i had an idea,
i used to have alot of reptiles (lizards) and have alot of these.... (mine have clip ons so i can attach them to the tank)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/exo-terra-21c ... 783wt_1270

so..... could i use 1 of these above the tank with say a 40w or even a 60w bulb inside?
if yes, what bulb would be best to use? is there a certain bulb i should get?

after speaking to alot of people, ive been told the light could and should be higher wattage

Those people... :rolleyes:

Ditto what the others have said, what you have is enough. I have a Dennerle 60 litre tank which is 43cm deep came with 2x 11w lights. Dennerle's products are oriented to planted tanks. Make light the limiting factor and you will have an easier ride.

Thanks guys, but the reason i wanted a more stronger light was to grow HC across the bottom of the tank, i want to fully carpet the bottom. and it seems to be struggling with just the single 24w T5.

Back