• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Feeling a bit stressed...

Stunning! I was watching a documentary the other week about how this aquarium was put together. Very impressive. If the ADA nature gallery visit happens at some point, a visit here should definitely be on the agenda! :thumbup:

that is so cool, i wonder what the filter is like. there are probably lots of huge filters, like a room cramed with sponges and a mega pump at the top of it all :lol: :lol:
and as if they have whale sharks in there they are like 40foot long :wideyed:

glenn said:
that is so cool, i wonder what the filter is like. there are probably lots of huge filters, like a room cramed with sponges and a mega pump at the top of it all :lol: :lol:
and as if they have whale sharks in there they are like 40foot long :wideyed:

If I remember correctly from the documentary I watched, it pulls in actual sea water and mixes it with re-cycled filtered water! Waste water is dumped out to see. It's right on the shoreline of a reef in Japan. Very impressive filters and hardware from what the documentary showed :)

:wideyed: ohh cool, thanks!
it must get a bit booring for them just swimming in a circle, especialy for the big'uns, they should put some structure in there jsut for the fishes benifit.

glenn said:
:wideyed: ohh cool, thanks!
it must get a bit booring for them just swimming in a circle, especialy for the big'uns, they should put some structure in there jsut for the fishes benifit.

I think they're mostly open water species. Most fish don't ever encounter any structures at all in their lives, only the ones that live near land, or in freshwater rivers etc..

PS I love the shoaling fish in the video!

Back