• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

BKKS National Show June 2009

Lozbug

For those whom like Koi...! Was at the BKKS National Koi Show this past weekend. Some really beautiful fish there! Was great fun saw lots of folks i met last year, some i knew already and met some new folk too! (Ed was amongst those i saw too!)

Few Piccys!

27062009005_822.jpg

pic_0037_318.jpg

pic_0035_117.jpg

pic_0048_111.jpg

pic_0033_193.jpg

27062009007_893.jpg

pic_0045_397.jpg

Was really pretty awesome, plastic dome with sponge edge to float.. then use pond vac to suck the air out, it fills with water and guy suggests tempting fish in with food till they get used to it. then to empty (suggested every 3 weeks for cleaning) use tube and suck to siphon water out. Really does give you an amazing look at the fish. Doubt it's easy to handle thou!!! and verrry expensive.. £895 each! :wideyed:

I was very very tempted with a gin rin showa! but there was no room in the car :(

Great pics Loz. Was a great weekend but I'm still trying to catch up on sleep! Only had about 4 or 5 hours each night - too much drinking!!!!

Those domes look good when clean but just imagine cleaning them every couple of weeks!!! They're big things!

Ed Seeley said:
Great pics Loz. Was a great weekend but I'm still trying to catch up on sleep! Only had about 4 or 5 hours each night - too much drinking!!!!

Those domes look good when clean but just imagine cleaning them every couple of weeks!!! They're big things!
i hear that Ed, i made the mistake of hitting the bar at 1 o'clock on saturday too!! lol

yeh be verrry hard to handle! clever idea thou

Dan Crawford said:
Great pic Loz, and great koi. It's such a shame i couldn't make it, i was busy "working" with Steve and Saintly ;)
Ta!

I know, wish you could have... you could have come and helped me 'work at the bar' ;)

i dont know if i could ever show, i'd be a big worried mess :lol: but i do like to go and see it all.

:)

Pic's would have been better if 1. i hadnt been drunk for most of the weekend and 2. my new camera had arrived in time!!! grr.

Back