• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

sams 60cm 'Pinnatifida Peak' (4.5 weeks)

samc

here are the tank stats:

Tank size (cm): 60x40x40
Tank volume: 80 litres
Filtration: tetratrec EX1200
Powerheads: 1 x Koralia nano
Co2: Pressurised via FE 24/7
Ferts: EI
Substrate: ADA amazonia II & Oliver Knott naturesoil
Hardscape: manzanita wood from Plantedbox.com
Flaura: Hemainthus Callitrichoides, Hygrophila Pinnatifida, Lilaeopsis Brasiliensis, Echinodorus Tenellus, Eleocharis parvula, Pogostemon Erectus, Shinnersia Rivularis, Lindernia Rotundifolia, Hemianthus Micranthemoides, Rotala Rotundifolia, Taxiphyllum Alternans, Bolbitus Heudelotii.
Fauna: ?

Re: sams 60cm iwagumi

i added the rest of the substrate yesterday which i dried off on a sheet in the garden. it created a bit more of a mound

dsc03881ab.jpg

What did I say about doing an Iwagumi? Aye? This will not do!

I jest, it looks really nice same, really good use of the extra height and depth I agree you need a bigger supporting stone though. Have you thought of plants yet? Traditional iwagumi or more adventurous planting?

Sounds good to me, the wood reminds me a lot of Nico (could be altafee they have a small parrot thing anyway)'s iwagumi with the rotalla and umberossum. Should be onto a winner, waterworn iwagui's are a very rare thing.

Re: sams 60cm iwagumi (new tropica plants)

i went to my LFS today to look for some stems (not expecting much as they are normally half dead) and was amazed to see they had a fresh load of tropica plants. looking closer i see they had all the new tropica plants :wideyed: so i snapped up some Hygrophila pinnatifida (jelous? :lol: ) Lindernia rotundifolia, Pogostemon erectus and some shinnersia which is not new but i have not seen it before. i picked the 4 up for £16 which is pretty cheap seeing as they are new out :D

i am really looking foward to using these now. the Hygrophila especially :thumbup:

dsc03932d.jpg

dsc03934q.jpg

dsc03935f.jpg

dsc03937s.jpg

dsc03938qa.jpg

dsc03942m.jpg

still not happy with the supporting stone so might go and smash a large one up.

thanks for looking. if anyone does :lol:

I would move the main stone a bit to the right and remove the to smallest stones - i don't think they add so much to the scape... I would also place one of the supporting stone to the right of the main rock. Just my opinion.:) Good luck with the 'scape, it looks promising.

Those plants were a bargain mate!!! I paid that for two pots of the Hygrophila which still waiting for them :( Hope they arrive tomorrow morning before I go away for the weekend.

I want those rocks mate, where did you get them? wanted some like that for a Sulawesi tank! Hardscape is looking great :)

samc said:
i got them from the lakedistrict. free of course :D
Lucky sod, when are you going to ship me some :p its only a 30x25x20cm nano :p

killer Sam!

there's no hard and fast rule to iwagumi....judging by amanos latest creations.

if i'd say one thing....tighten them up a bit.

P@H is the place for tropica plants. I've got mine wanting to supply them to me at some uber deal prices ;) i said no of course.

samc said:

Nice plants and setup. Here in the US we seem to lack selection of some kinds of aquarium plants, especially swords and stems. That hygro that you got is intriguing. I wonder if that is the emersed-form leaf and if it will develop differently underwater(?).

i would send you some stuff, but i am not sure if it would make it :?

hydrophyte said:
That hygro that you got is intriguing. I wonder if that is the emersed-form leaf and if it will develop differently underwater(?).

its a cool new plant. they do change slightly i believe. if you look at the tanks at interzoo you will see it in many of the tanks there.

saintly said:
if i'd say one thing....tighten them up a bit.

would you move them all towards the centre? or to one side?

saintly said:
I've got mine wanting to supply them to me at some uber deal prices i said no of course.

aquafleur all the way huh? :lol:

LondonDragon said:
Lucky sod, when are you going to ship me some its only a 30x25x20cm nano

i would send you some too. but these are all the stones i have. :p

Did I miss something, Sam? Where are the plants from, bargains? :S

Saintly, get the plants and sell them on, if it's bargain prices then where's the harm. :p

Re: sams 60cm 'life in the undiscovered stones'

-Visual energy is not good of the design of rocks.This harms the soul and spirit of the scape.
-Plants chosen are not suitable to the specifications of tank.

Regards

ilaymir

ilaymir said:
This harms the soul and spirit of the scape.

Your pretty close to harming the spirits of up and coming scapers.

Please, please remind us of your scapes? please? :angelic:

saintly said:
ilaymir wrote:
This harms the soul and spirit of the scape.

Your pretty close to harming the spirits of up and coming scapers.

:lol: it dont worry me mate.

ilaymir said:
Plants chosen are not suitable to the specifications of tank.

thats kinda my idea. gotta break the mould at some point. try something different. if it does not work then fair enough. if it does then i learn something else. and so may others.

samc said:
...gotta break the mould at some point. try something different. if it does not work then fair enough. if it does then i learn something else. and so may others.
:thumbup:

An Iwagumi lay-out example for those who wish to see..

uygulama1kopya.jpg

Regards

ilaymir

Back