• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My Newest 15L Opti Nano Nº2

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
My second Aqua Essentials 12x10x8" Opti-white Nano tank, also running an 11w IKEA light unit and a Niagara 250 filter, soon to be 300.

At present I have 31 White pearl shrimp (snowballs) in this tank and some nice freshwater Spotty Nerite Snails had 4 but one of them seems to have gone walkies!! Since I got the snowballs last Wednesday there are now two berried females :)

There is also a red nose shrimp which is very nice, could not photograph it, came with the tigers I ordered a couple weeks back but none of the tigers made it past the second day!

The tank is not scaped yet :) just random placement of stones and mosses:

pict0132g.jpg

pict0133r.jpg

Shrimp photos:

pict0097z.jpg

pict0105t.jpg

pict0108m.jpg

pict0111j.jpg

pict0120u.jpg

pict0125z.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Attachments

• pict0108m.jpg
    pict0108m.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 83
  • pict0111j.jpg
    pict0111j.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 87
  • pict0125z.jpg
    pict0125z.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 91
PM said:
NICE!!!

Where did you get your snowballs? Wanted some for years now...
Cheers, got them from Germany, with any luck I should have some in a few months time ;)

I have yet to witness these little guys in the flesh as I saw them as we unpacked our box of surprises from Germany.
I am a little envious that these have coloured up so nicely :)

Great Shrimps!! they look like a nice change! What was the site they came off in Germany??

Hope you have a tank full very soon!

Most of the German sites sell these shrimp, delivery is quick and these seem hardy, I didn't order them myself a mate did it for me, I might get some other species in the future, fed up of dead Crystals lol
Lets hope so, so that I can start getting rid of them at the same prices as cherries ;)

Nice Paulo! I'll be watching intently I've always wanted Snowballs too. Wolffenrook (sp?) One of the older members used to have them but I don't remember any ever making it up for sale. I envy the german side of the hobby, they seem to have it too easy!

Thanks Gareth, well you know what happens when my numbers get large I get get rid of them, so hopefully soon enough I will have even more, not sure how to sex these species, but looks like I have only about 3-4 females. So might take a while!

They do have it too easy, problem is that they don't refund DOA! so its a gamble!

Is the snowball pattern not their eggs forming in the saddle before shifting down?

Garuf said:
Is the snowball pattern not their eggs forming in the saddle before shifting down?
looking closer at the photos it does seem so, I haven't done much research in breeding these, if that is the case then its the other way round, lots of females!! Which is even better news!!

Nick16 said:
im after some of those uber red cherries....
The cherries I have been selective breeding them for two years and been improving the colour that way. Got some nice ones off andyh which have yet to breed, those look promising too, shame i lost the best ones a few weeks back with a tank mishap, I did have about 150-200 really nice red shrimplets, so now have to build the population up from what I have left, was getting to the point where I would be able to off load lots pretty soon.

Can you disclose what that matting stuff is under the moss? Would it make a good moss wall, d'you think, if it was hung up at the back of a nano? (loaded question... new nano on the way and thinking of moss walls - need something on the desk while I'm working)

:)

m

Add my to the shortlist for some babies :thumbup:
Could make for an interesting breeding project there paulo, no one has come out with the ''sakura'' version of these yet :)

If they breed and I have large numbers off comes you guys are welcome to some shrimplets as usual. Sakura version I wish haha will need a bigger tank then lol lost a couple of the last couple of days so will see if they survive long enough to breed.

Back