• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shrimp Tank - Juwel Rekord 60

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Hi Guys, has some might be aware sometime ago decided to setup a shrimp only tank to see if I could breed some cherries and hopefully one day some decent Crystal Reds.
The Tank has been up and running for about a month and since over the past week I have noticed loads of little Cherries on my community tank, guess they are breeding well, caught a few and placed them on this tank, also managed to get 5 Red Crystal not very decent grade just want to see if they do well in the tank before I splash the cash on them.
Tank is no way finalized in terms of flora and scape, it was just bits and pieces I had laying around, just want to create a decent environment for the shrimp not really concerned how it looks as long it looks decent ;)

..::Juwel Rekord 60::..
Volume: approx. 54 Litres
Measurements: 61 x 31 x 36 cm
Lighting: 2x15w T8
Powerhead: Eheim Aquaball (circulation)
Temp: 25ºC
Substrate: 9l bag of ADA Aquasoil Amazonia II

.:Flora:.
Cryptocoryne Bullosa
Microsorium Pteropus
Vesicularia Montagnei (Xmas moss)
Vesicularia ferriei (Weeping Moss)
Taxiphyllum sp.(Flame Moss)
Anubias barteri var. nana
Monosolenium Tenerum (Pellia)
Staurogyne sp.

.:Fauna:.
6 Guppies (temporary, will be gone by next week)
15 Cherry Shrimp
5 Low Grade Crystal Red

.:Fertilization:.
TPN+ & EasyCarbo
At the moment dosing 5ml of each twice a week.

.:Maintnance:.
Weekly 50% water change

.: Photos :.
pict0534bf9.jpg

pict0568po8.jpg

pict0573gw9.jpg

pict0543fr1.jpg

pict0611yi6.jpg

pict0629yl8.jpg

pict0612mk1.jpg

Critics and Comments always welcomed :)

Re: The Shrimp Paradise - Juwel Rekord 60

moss city....is that a moss wall? looks great londondragon. how long does it take to get moss to look like that?

ive never grown moss. thats something next on my list of plants to grow. im working my way through tropicas catalogue :lol:

Some more photos taken today :) I am finding more and more cherries on my main tank!
Added another 6 to this tank today, they breeding like rabbits in the Rio 125 lol

Cherry:
pict0802ja5.jpg

Crystal Red:
pict0783la7.jpg

pict0788rz4.jpg

pict0821wd6.jpg

pict0819zs5.jpg

Amano Shrimp:
pict0808xm5.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Re: Shrimp Only Tank - Juwel Rekord 60

Hey another tank from LD, first i want to say thanks for the link to the site its great and very helpful indeed! It was your juwel 125 that i saw on PFK site and was so inspired to have a great planted tank. Loving it and for a 60 ltr it looks quite big, keep em coming, i will try n grow one of them walls just need to grow enough.

Thanks guys :) comments always help to know what can be improved ;)

tko187 its nice you took up on the link, told you it was great here and you would get a lot of help ;)

As Dan would say!! UKAPS BABYY!!!!

Matt Holbrook-Bull said:
looking groovy mate :):)
I wants some red shrimpses
When I breed some I will send you a few larger ones ;)

How are you finding the ADA A/S, did you find it makes any levels go up, just wondering as i have bought the same, also did you use the powder form over the normal stuff or not? Just see a lot of people use this to make it look better as the A/S is quite large!!

Yes im forever on here, wife aint too happy!!

Hi,i love your setup its really nice i will try to do one of these sometime,i am still gettinig things together for my opti-white setup,regards john

saintly said:
moss city....is that a moss wall? looks great londondragon. how long does it take to get moss to look like that?
ive never grown moss. thats something next on my list of plants to grow. im working my way through tropicas catalogue :lol:
Missed this one! The moss was setup on the tank about 3 weeks ago, its growing pretty well, suprised by the growth and the lack of algae for now! If you want to try some let me know, I will have some weeping moss by the weekend.
Btw thanks for the cabinet info, managed to get one like yours delivered for £59.

tko187 said:
How are you finding the ADA A/S, did you find it makes any levels go up, just wondering as i have bought the same, also did you use the powder form over the normal stuff or not? Just see a lot of people use this to make it look better as the A/S is quite large!!
Yes im forever on here, wife aint too happy!!
I haven't noticed any problems with the AquaSoil, and I didn't get any powder, just the Amazonia II. Looks good to me I like the larger grains and love the colour. Its always best to be here than looking at naughty stuff LOL so she shouldn't be complaining :p

Thanks John, opti-white would be nice too, if not for the prices LOL

LondonDragon said:
Missed this one!
its ok LD :)

LondonDragon said:
If you want to try some let me know, I will have some weeping moss by the weekend.

Thanks, maybe in the future i could have some? towards autumn im looking at setting up a optiwhite 120 x 40 x 65, with drift wood etc and some moss would come in handy. not unless i set up my small tank just to see if i can grow it first :?

LondonDragon said:
Btw thanks for the cabinet info, managed to get one like yours delivered for £59.

your welcome.

saintly said:
Thanks, maybe in the future i could have some? towards autumn im looking at setting up a optiwhite 120 x 40 x 65, with drift wood etc and some moss would come in handy. not unless i set up my small tank just to see if i can grow it first :?
Just let me know when you want some, I am now growing Spiky, Weeping, Xmas and Flame moss :)

Added a few more Red Cherries from the main tank, I just brush the net agains the moss wall and pick up lots of little Red Cherries, another 6 today and 5 yesterday :)

LondonDragon said:
Its always best to be here than looking at naughty stuff LOL so she shouldn't be complaining :p

Exactly lol :lol:

I love your moss, i have some in my tank but dont know if its the same as yours, its on a coconut, I also love the spiky moss in your other tank, what are the names of these as im gonna order some?

tko187 said:
I love your moss, i have some in my tank but dont know if its the same as yours, its on a coconut, I also love the spiky moss in your other tank, what are the names of these as im gonna order some?
At the moment I have Weeping moss (wall on both tanks), Spiky moss (right hand side of main tank), Xmas moss (on the branch that makes a bridge) and Flame moss (on the right hand side of this tank), I can send you some weeping moss now if you want, and I will have Spiky moss in a few weeks time to send out again (sent to 4 people last week, so need to grow a bit more). Xmas moss and flame still need to grow and settle in the tank.

Back