• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Pollenca Montaña - Lee's 47L High Tech Nano

Aeropars

Here goes with my first real aquascape where I got inspiration from a holiday in Majorca of all places. I often wondered how people drew inspiration from real life then had a great room in Puerto Pollenca and stepped out on to the balcony and it hit me. So here's my attempt at recreating that scene.

First the tank details:

Tank: 47L cube (ish)
Lighting: 2 x 18watt daylight 6500k tubes via overhead luminaire
Substrate: ADA Aquasoil (12L)
Hardscape: Mini Landscape Rock
Filtration: Tetratec EX600
Carbon Source: 500g Pressurised CO2 with Easy Carbo suppliment

And now for some pics:

Heres the tank bare:
P1010143.JPG

In goes the Aquasoil. I was surprised at how soft it is! Its almost like clay
P1010144.JPG

Centre piece rock goes in. I can't believe how long it took me to place this trying to get it right.
P1010145.JPG

Another part of the main focal point added. I felt this needed something more than a 3 stone Iwagumi type layout. I'm not really a fan of them.
P1010146.JPG

A couple of small accent rocks added
P1010147.JPG

P1010148.JPG

Then I played around to see what else I could do to add more complexity tot he layout and here's what I came up with.

P1010149.JPG

P1010150.JPG

P1010151.JPG

P1010152.JPG

P1010153.JPG

P1010154.JPG

A pic with the glass cleaned up!
P1010155.JPG

A birds eye view
P1010156.JPG

Side view - This wll also be another viewing aspect given where the tank is placed.
P1010157.JPG

I plan to fertilise this with Tropica Plant nutrition + and have the idea of having some P. Helferi as well as a carpet of HC and depending on how it goes, some small bits of Blyxa as well.

All comments, suggestions and insults welcome :)

Lee

Re: Pollenca Montaña

Hi Areopars,

looks nice mate,when you going to plant it,
also where did you get the small over head lighting from,

regards john.

Re: Pollenca Montaña

Hi John,

The lighting all came as part of the tank. It was sold as a marine setup so i just changed the bulbs. I paid £50 for the tank, cabinet and lighting and then found they retailed for over £120.

I'm going to do a HC carpet with some P.Helferi andmaybe some blyxa,

Lee

Looking great Lee ! My only thought would be that the substrate is so high at the back left, that it doesnt leave much height for plants back there. Might be better to lower the substrate, and let the plants (Blyxa maybe !) make up the height.

Of course you could do it the other way around and have low level plants at the back, but planted high up :D

Look forward to seeing it planted.

Cheers

Tony

Thanks for the comment.

The reason I went for that approach is because the image i had in my head was of a steep incline covered in grass but with rocks poking out. Kinda hard to describe but its the image i have stuck in my head fomr the visit to Majorca.

Well last night I planted this up and am pretty happy with the results. I'll post a pic over the weekend as the tanks still clearing the bubbles you get form it being initially filled.

I'm running 1 x 18w tube for 5 hours at the moment to avoid any algae outbreaks and adding 1.5ml of TPN+ 3 times a week.

Sorry for the lack of updates with this. Its going OK and was going great without CO2, dosing easy carbo (double the recommended dose) although the HC is starting over the last week to show yellow leafs, even though up until now its been looking lush and totally free of algae. I'll try and get some more pics ASAP for you lot to see.

Lee

Back