• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anyone got one of these?

planter

Anyone bought one of these sets ?

The price is quite reasonable at £29.99 shipped. Just wondered if anyone had a set and could tell me what the quality is like.
I realise im not going to get ADA quality at this price but i think if your on a budget, unless this is really crap, it seems like a good deal. What do you think?

untitled.jpg

i have a set they are good they wont break unless your a bumbling oaf?
just make sure to have a cup of boiling water on hand when you attach them
its a pretty tight fit so heat up the pipe

All Lily pipes 'should' create a vortex due to their shape making the water swirl as the inflow hits the tank water. This does of course only occur if the pipe is positioned totally submerged.

Andy

Much more agreeable than ADA.I saw these too and am concidering a set when i clear down my coldwater tank.

I wouldnt worry about quality, I think ADA is vastly overpriced irrespective of where it comes from. Its the designer lable of te fishkeeping world and i'd bet my ass that they do exactly the same job, equally as good and for a fraction of the price.

My glass inlet/outlet pipes arrived today and I must say Im quite pleased with them considering the price.
There not ADA quality but they are much better than my Eheim fittings, so much more subtle.
Im not sure that they will create the vortex looking at the shape of the lilly pipe.

Im currently waiting for a replacement tank (opti white glass) so will post again once im up and running.

Here are some pics for anyone thinking of buying a set -

DSC03723.jpg

DSC03725.jpg

DSC03724.jpg

Hope this is of some use .

The inlet slots look very small. I'd imagine they'd reduce the flow through the filter quite significantly. I don't know how they compare with the ADA ones though - are they the same/similar?

Ive just got back from TGM today. They had the full range of CalAqua glass Lilly pipe sets. They are much better quality than these planter. But the price is far higher than what you paid. The nano set is so neat, perfect IMO. The quality is brilliant. Its about time we saw some decant nano gear knocking about.

I looked at the cal aqua range Graeme and yes they do look very nice! Find it hard to part with my cash on items that are 'would likes' rather than 'must haves' at the best of times So I went cheap, If cost wasnt an issue I would have gone to ADA for quality. I will have a look on TMG website to check out the price though for future reference ;)

Cheers

Re:

Graeme Edwards said:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lily-Pipe-inflow- ... m153.l1262
Seems very odd, the cost of postage is way above the actual cost of the Item.
Cheers.

Its a scam so that your Ebay charges are lower as they dont account for cost of delivery on the commisiion they take form the ending price..

Re: Re:

Aeropars said:
Graeme Edwards said:
Its a scam so that your Ebay charges are lower as they dont account for cost of delivery on the commisiion they take form the ending price..

There are other reasons for this as well.

When I used to sell snooker cues on ebay I used to keep postage higher than it cost because of several reasons.

1 - No commission on postage
2 - If low bid wins the postage diff makes up a little of the difference.
3 - Some people forget to look at the postage therefore you can increase profts.

There are other ways too like putting postal insurance on the item. Not many people notice this and you will often find you bid £20 to get something ike a memory card + £10 postage and you think you have got a good deal. Then when you look at your invoice there is a £10 insurance on it. Always check the whole auction carefully people.

Glad the pipes are OK. I will stick to the plain old cheapies though. I don't think theres a huge difference in them functionally or aesthetically to the ADA versions apart from the ADA logo not being there and for me that doesn't warrant the price difference.

Andy

Re: Re:

Graeme Edwards said:
Glad the pipes are OK. I will stick to the plain old cheapies though. I don't think theres a huge difference in them functionally or aesthetically to the ADA versions apart from the ADA logo not being there and for me that doesn't warrant the price difference.

Andy

MY thoughts exactly....

Back