• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Andyh's Journal "Green Beach" Update 01/03/2013

Looking lovely and clean after the trim mate, I'd live to get lily pipes but I've heard how they quickly get dirty

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Are you saying my Lily pipes are dirty? :lol:

Nah they arent too bad, i clean them about every 8 weeks. They look stunning when clean.

So the tank is coming along nicely, the pruned back plants are starting to show new growth. I have also pruned some of the Staurogyne right back to get some nice fresh growth.

Apart from that not much else to report.

Andyh

Sounds good mate, the stems you sent me are looking decent as well! so thumbs up!
Hey mike, Good news, tough old plant that then! The stems are just starting to come back good since i pruned your lot out, another couple of weeks should be back to full steam.

Looking stunning Andy
Thanks Stu, still not happy with my pics though, your going have to give me some coaching! I havent managed to take a "great" pic of this tank yet. One that really shows it well. Never satisfied :)

Looking absolutely amazing. Great Job mate. :thumbup:
Cheers:hungry:

wow looking great andy, love the chilli rasboras, i have ada 60f and looking for nice small fish i can have a shoal of and really like the look of them but also love neon coloured fish so not sure but really like them and lovely tank mate

Dean

Anytime Andy :)
Noted! You may regret that! It may involve a trip to my house with your gear!
wow looking great andy, love the chilli rasboras, i have ada 60f and looking for nice small fish i can have a shoal of and really like the look of them but also love neon coloured fish so not sure but really like them and lovely tank mate
Dean
The Rasboras look even better in the flesh!
Tank looks good dude.
Thanks Dude!

Update!

So managed to get some time on the tank over the last week or so, and given it a good clean and tidy. the pruned plants seem to be finding their feet again. The Pog Erectus is looking good dare i say it!!! Never been successful with this plant and its a good 3-4" tall now and still looking healthy.

Here are a load of pics, i got a little carried away:
(For the first time in ages, i removed all the equipment to take the pics.):wideyed:
8384811654_9ec5d6a58f_b.jpg
Full Tank shot, No Equipment by andyh_2011, on Flickr

8384812296_7f6e011a9c_b.jpg
Corner Shot by andyh_2011, on Flickr

8384812584_009371674b_b.jpg
Complete Tank Shot by andyh_2011, on Flickr

8384812924_57080d3ffe_b.jpg
Close up by andyh_2011, on Flickr

8383729945_8737e079ee_b.jpg
Tall Tank shot by andyh_2011, on Flickr

The P.Erectus and R.Wallichii, growing back nicely:
8384814734_0ee3cf3706_b.jpg