• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fire extinguisher CO2

I would do Tom, but its for my tank here at home in Ireland.
I'm home for easter you see, but thanks for the info :D

Kris

I've had my FE CO2 set up since around April, i've noticed the working pressure steadily decline from 700 to 500 over the last couple of months so i gathered i had at least another 3-6 months left. Yesterday i came home to find the bottle empty, both working and cylinder pressure needles at 0. The DC was blue and the tubing was all still intact so it can't have leaked. I have no idea where it all went!!

justjason88 said:
I've had my FE CO2 set up since around April, i've noticed the working pressure steadily decline from 700 to 500 over the last couple of months so i gathered i had at least another 3-6 months left. Yesterday i came home to find the bottle empty, both working and cylinder pressure needles at 0. The DC was blue and the tubing was all still intact so it can't have leaked. I have no idea where it all went!!
Once the pressure starts moving you will only have a few days as you found out, most of us get two bottle initially and then replace the empty bottle with a new one when it runs out so that you always have a backup bottle, depending on how the bottles were filled you might find that some bottle of the same size last longer than others, so always have a backup if you don't want any surprises ;)

I have avidly read this thread with a view to setting up my own system but I am confused with the bubble counter.

Why, when and how does it go blue?

Thanks!

You're getting the drop checker and bubble counter confused.

Bubble counter is a way of controlling the amount of co2 going into your tank.

Drop checker is another device inside your tank that corresponds to co2 levels. Yellow not enough, green just right (30ppm) and Blue too much.

leecasey said:
You're getting the drop checker and bubble counter confused.

Bubble counter is a way of controlling the amount of co2 going into your tank.

Drop checker is another device inside your tank that corresponds to co2 levels. Yellow not enough, green just right (30ppm) and Blue too much.
Should that be blue not enough, green just right, and yellow too much?

Ok thanks.

I have bought all the gear and am ready to go now - but have stumbled across a problem in the TMC appear not to be stocking DIN 477 (FE) valves on their regulators any more - if they are then they do not know when they are getting any into Europe let alone the UK!

Can anyone recommend any different makes that do the same job?

Thanks

Is the twin gauge regulator from aqua essentials worth the money or should I just get a cheap one from eBay?
If getting one from eBay could someone please post up a link of which one as all tge links on this thread are either not working for me or the listing has ended.
Thanks

Again thanks for the info on this page ! It gave me the courage and knowledge need to set one up . All set up today after all the parts arrived in the post today .

Can I just ask, has anyone ever experienced any working pressure fluctuations using a fire extinguisher?

I've had my reg tested on a pub style co2 bottle and all was fine. Connect it to my FE and the pressure bounces up and down between 2.3 and 2.75 bar.

Back