• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

'Back in the Saddle' 90cm - 1 year on!

Vito

Hey guys,
So I treated myself to a 90cm setup from NA through FreshWaterShrimp, I bought the Tank, Cabinet, lights and light arm from them. The tank glass quality is awesome but I am a high clarity glass virgin so please forgive my overjoy as I have only had a Juwel Rio 125 to compare it to :)

So the specs are:
NA 90cm L x 50cm H x 45cm D Super clear glass
NA Cabinet finished in Pantone Grey Metallic
NA Sun FLur 4 x 36w Light
NA Light stand
NA Glass Inlet and Outlet

CO2: 2KG Fire extinguisher, ADA Beetle counter, ceramic CO2 glass diffuser
Substrate system: ADA Powersand Special M, Clear Super, Bacter 100, 2/12 bags of Amazonia and 3/4 bacg of powder type.
Seiryu Stone for hardscape

Plants: HC, HM, E.Tenellus

dscf3199x.jpg

I am trying to attempt an Iwagumi layout, I hope its obvious but if I am really honest I didn't have a big enough rock to span 2/3 of the tanks height which is slightly dissapointing but I will have to make the trip to TGM next time or find a Seiryu retailer closer to London.
dscf3205m.jpg

The tank positioned underneath a staircase in a hall way an unless you crouch down you wouldn't normally look at from a lower level, this next picture gives you an idea of what angle the tank is viewed.
dscf3194h.jpg

dscf3206r.jpg

So the plants are due to arrive from TGM tomorrow so I have about 24 hours to make final tweak or add additional rocks but I will wait and see.

I will be dosing liquid E.I and also dosing Tobi's Special N fert which I made a batch of this morning and probably easy carbo too. Anyway that all for now, thank you very much for reading through and I will post some more tomorrow after planting.

Vito

Have you tried ADC? They sometimes stock larger pieces if you ask them! I am thinking about the very same tank!
Those rocks will disappear pretty quickly when plants grow in!

Have you tried ADC? They sometimes stock larger pieces if you ask them! I am thinking about the very same tank!

Adc have some really nice bits of rock. I'd check them out and try to pic up a few large bits to really set of the scape

Adc have some really nice bits of rock. I'd check them out and try to pic up a few large bits to really set of the scape

I called ADC way before I ordered my rock to ask if they stocked Seriyu and the guy told me no, he even went to check, im just going to keep on top of the trimming :)

Call back and ask for mini landscape rock! you will get a different answer! ;)
I remember u saying this too me.. Why is 'mini land scape rock' cheaper than 'seriyu' if they are the same stone? And why have people decided to call it mini landscape rock? It seems pointless and silly!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Seriyu, was the name given to it by Ada. A bit like the lava rock situation lol. It then became available to us minions and was renamed mini landscape rock.

I'm sure there are different grades of the stuff, but essentially it's the same thing.

The rock placement looks good, I would echo on what Paulo is saying though...it needs a bigger rock. Better to get it sorted now, than when it's filled up and planted.

Yeah.. Cheers Ian. I did wonder if there maybe difference in grades as I have ordered much of the mini and it's never as nice as when people buy 'seriyu' from TGM for example. But then everything they have is mint :) shame I'm in Devon :(

Call back and ask for mini landscape rock! you will get a different answer! ;)
Believe it or not I also asked but maybe the chap wasn't familiar with it, shame but I've spent a small fortune on stone and I have loads left over too, next scape I will jump on the tube and pay them a visit.
I'm just waiting on plants to arrive from TGM :) should be here some point today, hopefully sooner rather than later.
Cheers

Logs a lout better with the bigger stone. Where did u get it all from?

Thanks Jack, it's the same stone just higher position and I have added a few smaller rocks around it to give it a bigger appearance.
Just slowly filling the tank at the moment, I forgot how annoying it was when some plants begin to float, I have my tweezers at the ready! I'll post some pics later.
Cheers

this is gonna be a nice looking set up,get the pics on soon;)

Hey guys, so after a very long day setting up, the tank is up and running :)
I had few teething problems such as loads of plants being uprooted :( I clearly didn't plant them deep enough but I am keeping tabs on it and replanting and straggler's, secondly the eheim 2026 filter I planned on using was leaking from the lid where it meets the canister, I don't know why, but luckily I had my old tetratec EX1200 as a back up, im not sure if this is sufficient filtration but I haven't got any other options for now. Any way a few pics of setting up and I will try to get some snaps tonight

Almost planted, just had to fill the back with the HM.
dscf3216b.jpg

Plants in, just add water :)
dscf3221x.jpg

Thanks for looking.

im not sure if this is sufficient filtration
it will be enough filtration, it might not be enough flow however ;)
Looking good so far, will look great once that HC fills in! should take around 6 weeks ;)

This is a great start, it really makes me want to spend the dosh on a new set-up. It would mean buying a complete set-up, tank, CO2 and lighting the works though. Do any of you guys have a great way of saving cost on these things? I have been using LC on my scapes so far but would prefer the more reliable pressurised alternative. Do you have a rough estimate of the cost of this set-up if you dont mind me asking ;) Thanks

This is a great start, it really makes me want to spend the dosh on a new set-up. It would mean buying a complete set-up, tank, CO2 and lighting the works though. Do any of you guys have a great way of saving cost on these things? I have been using LC on my scapes so far but would prefer the more reliable pressurised alternative. Do you have a rough estimate of the cost of this set-up if you dont mind me asking ;) Thanks
Thanks mate. This little fella, including plants and substrate, filter, co2 equipment, basically everything set me back about £1800-£1900ish, I suppose Ill spend up to another £100 on livestock when it comes to it :) I must admit the Natual Aquario line of products are fantastic and I would recommend them to anyone looking to achieve the ADA look but at a lot less money, again I cannot compare to ADA as I have never seen their tanks or cabinets or lights in person but I am impressed and the guys at FreshWaterShrimp where very helpful especially with all my annoying questions and queries :)
Hope this helps.

Hey guys, I've been meaning to post some pics of the progress so here is where I am so far
dscf3223e.jpg

dscf3222s.jpg

a few floaters this morning but nothing more up till now so hopefully everything will stay put and start to root. I have decided to dose Special N daily along side E.I and 8ml easy carbo and I have the 2 of the 36W lights on for 5 hours with the additional 2 on for 1 hour in the middle as I want to try and avoid algae and I fear too much light will only induce it this early on in the growing stage and I have the light suspended about 30cm above the water, if anything I have mentioned doesn't sound right then please point it out as I would rather not learn the hard way :)
Thanks for looking

Back