• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fire extinguisher CO2

d13f392ecb8527865d7c4feaa444f4e5.image.500x500.jpg

http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/easy-aqua-double-check-valve-p-5666.html

I got mine from Hong Kong, via Ebay as this was not available from Aquaessentials when I got my CO2 setup. Cheaper BUT takes up to 21 working days to arrive.

cheers for the link.

I dip tested the check valve today and it showed no signs of leakage. The only other connections are into the reactor which is filled with silicone and onto the solenoid which as a lock nut.

When I took the regulator off the nut didnt feel that tight so maybe I had i leak from there?

When I took the regulator off the nut didnt feel that tight so maybe I had i leak from there?
That's quite easy to check for a leak. After CO2 has gone off, close your main CO2 handle and make a note of the tank pressure. If not the same many hours later, you have a leak. Before I installed my CO2, I tested mine like this and pressure stayed at 800psi for over a week.

1. Turn off solenoid.
2. Make sure FE handle is depressed.
3. Read & note main tank pressure, about 800psi, or mark dial with permanent marker.
4. Release FE handle to turn off CO2.
5. Leave say 24hours, overnight, a week etc. The pressure should stay 800psi, unless you have a leak. Mine stayed at 800psi for over a week.

Is it true that you can test your reg to see how it behaves with end of tank dump? I read some where that if you shut off your bottle and open the solenoid, as the pressure decreases you will get an idea of what happens ( hope that makes sense )

Going through this thread and generating a potential shopping list for later this summer. The one thing I can't nab is the reg/solenoid - the original eBay link doesn't work.

Any pointers? I'm a real tightarse, but equally I don't want to buy something cheap and rubbish!

1. Turn off solenoid.
2. Make sure FE handle is depressed.
3. Read & note main tank pressure, about 800psi, or mark dial with permanent marker.
4. Release FE handle to turn off CO2.
5. Leave say 24hours, overnight, a week etc. The pressure should stay 800psi, unless you have a leak. Mine stayed at 800psi for over a week.

Tried this a sure enough the pressure went down over night, only thing is I did the lock nut up really tight this time. Is there any where else its likely to leak from on the regulator?
Was thinking of using some ptfe tape on the thread but read that this might not be a good idea?

cheers.

Tried this a sure enough the pressure went down over night,..
Cause found, you have a leak. Problem now is to find it. PTFE tape is OK with CO2, but shouldn't really be needed:rolleyes: . See if you can get a replacement washer, must not be rubber or fibre (fibre is fibre coated in rubber) as CO2 will dissolve in rubber.

right got a new washer and ptfe tape on and its still leaking from somewhere. I've also put silicone around all the joints I can see in a bid to stop any leak but no luck.

is it possible for co2 to leak any where other than the main connection, like the gauges?

Ive read on one forum of someones reg leaking from the dail, no idea if thats where it screws into the reg or leaking through the glass face ?

Back