• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
That's going to look really nice when it's grown in. Have you thought about maybe making the walls of that valley higher towards the back to give the scape some height?

Are you not going to plant anything at the back left?

That's going to look really nice when it's grown in. Have you thought about maybe making the walls of that valley higher towards the back to give the scape some height?
Yes, this is a good idea - you could easily add more substrate to those corners and it'd look very much enhanced.

Especially if you get high plants at the back to form some sort of "canopy"

If you have a look at Whitehead Gap from 2010 IAPLC, you'll see how having some change in height at the sides really adds to the overall scape. Just a thought.

That said, I prefer the more open style of the white "valley" in yours.

If you have a look at Whitehead Gap from 2010 IAPLC, you'll see how having some change in height at the sides really adds to the overall scape. Just a thought.

That said, I prefer the more open style of the white "valley" in yours.

thanks i appreciate the comment, like i said to fire fly i will bank it a bit more over the rioght hand.
Also im going to get some taller growing plants on the banks too which will add to the sense of height either side (any suggestions on plants is welcome)

I don't see it often but I'm a big fan of Cryptocoryne crispatula balansae - fantastic tangled strands that arc over.

everything was all going well then yesterday DISASTER STRUCK the stupid pump suction cups came loose, the pump fell of the glass and then blew my substrate all over and filled my white path and up rooted plants and just made a general mess of the tank.
to say that i was slightly angry is an incredible understatement i went all incredible hulk "reidy smash!"
m4ar.jpg

so after spending a few hours trying to sort it out i have finally got it to a reasonable position but not as good as before, unfortunately to get the substrate as it was before i would have to remove all the plants and start again and frankly i cant be bothered doing that so......
il post a pic later of how its looking now

Now that is a bummer :(
Try lightly siphoning the majority of the soil from the sand path and around the staurogyne with a small diameter hose, fill into a net and gently lower to desired position behind the left rock again and as gently as possible tip out. Level as best possible with a credit card or small brush. Gently 'waft' over the plants to remove the soil from the leaves and gently rub also to remove any finer detritus. Use the syphon again to remove any remaining particles from the sand and discard as these will undoubtedly also have white sand in too which may not look the best if replaced, depends upon wether you will see it. Then carry out a large water change to counteract the disturbance and tweak tomorrow when you can see in the tank again and then do another precautionary water change.....these things are sent to try us but it will be ok, just a pita.
Just as the tank was coming together too, the plants look great together and very healthy, some taller stems at the rear will finish it off nicely, looking forward to there addition :)
Cheerio,
Ady

ye che
Now that is a bummer :(
Try lightly siphoning the majority of the soil from the sand path and around the staurogyne with a small diameter hose, fill into a net and gently lower to desired position behind the left rock again and as gently as possible tip out. Level as best possible with a credit card or small brush. Gently 'waft' over the plants to remove the soil from the leaves and gently rub also to remove any finer detritus. Use the syphon again to remove any remaining particles from the sand and discard as these will undoubtedly also have white sand in too which may not look the best if replaced, depends upon wether you will see it. Then carry out a large water change to counteract the disturbance and tweak tomorrow when you can see in the tank again and then do another precautionary water change.....these things are sent to try us but it will be ok, just a pita.
Just as the tank was coming together too, the plants look great together and very healthy, some taller stems at the rear will finish it off nicely, looking forward to there addition :)
Cheerio,
Ady
ye cheers mate i have already siphoned off most of the plants and have moved as much of the substate around the plants using a very thin paintbrush and it is looking a little better now i need to do a little more to the sand bed and then i will post another pic

as far as these things are sent to try us , i was sooooooo angry lol had to calm down before i went near the tank, as you said it was just coming together was getting nice growth etc then bam!

Back