• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ebay CO2

Kyle Lambert

UP Aqua CO2 system for Charming Aquarium A149 | eBay

anyone know if this system is worth the money or have used this system before? Currently using an ISTA disposable can system and ill have to use that for the meantime as im currently upgrading my tank gradually as and when i can afford to. Its lighting first, then filtration and then co2. i have put a few posts on here in the last hour and could use help and input with all of them if possible!

thanks alot guys. appreciate the help. This is my first run with a planted tank. Ill post some pictures of the current layout later on.

I think if it can work with a solenoid it would be good? But it's not different to your current system isn't it, also disposable bottles?

Posted from the comfort of my iPhone...

well it is and it isnt. at the minute my co2 system comprises of an aerosol can of co2, some silicon tubing, a plastic diffuser and a valve inbetween to stop backflow of co2. its as basic as it can get.

this is the current system ISTA WATERPLANT Co2 DIFFUSER SET SYSTEM GROWING LIVE FISH TANK AQUARIUM PLANTS | eBay

so no bubble counter etc. i basically come along and push a button at the start of my light cycle and thats it.

the tank is 60l. 2ft x 1ft x 1ft. not a huge thing but its ideal for my situation atm.

ok then, thats the order i will do it in. Would you recommend upgrading to this co2 system or is there better for cheaper?

have you thought about a DIY kit? small 2kg FE setup will save you money in the long run i would think mate.

I have, but im not too sure my technical knowledge and ability would allow for it! Are they particularly difficult to make and how much space would they use?

Ill have a good look at it when i start upgrading (hopefully not too long from now) and figure out what ill do. If i can make one cheap that will last me a while then id prefer to do that of course. That thread claims itll last a year, i assume the smaller the tank the longer it will last?

Ill have a good look at it when i start upgrading (hopefully not too long from now) and figure out what ill do. If i can make one cheap that will last me a while then id prefer to do that of course. That thread claims itll last a year, i assume the smaller the tank the longer it will last?
when they say last a year they mean the FE.. a 2KG should last some time on your tank depending on your Bubble rate ect but you can buy a new 2kg FE from ebay for around 25 and get them re filled for a fraction of that price. Those small kits are IMO a waste of money unless you have one as a back up if something goes wrong (you run out of gas and cant get it filled back up for a few days)

VERY easy to do!
Unscrew horn, screw on regulator. That really is it.

I may have to give it a gander then! definitely something to think about... Now to convince the missus that what we really need is for me to spend more money! haha.

There is a how to guide on here somewhere, fe is definitely the way to go it will save you so much money in the long run, I staryed off with 20g and 95g co2 units and on average was cost £14 a week in refills on a 30l tank my whole fe set up was less than £90 and im expecting it to last approx 8 months so you can see a fe setup pays for its self very quickly

Mark

The reg you have chosen would need modifications such as adding a needle valve and idealy a solinoid, if your looking for a cheap easy set up look for a reg made for aquarium use as most of these come with needle valve and solinoid, it might be worth looking for a second hand one to keep cost even lower

The reg you have chosen would need modifications such as adding a needle valve and idealy a solinoid, if your looking for a cheap easy set up look for a reg made for aquarium use as most of these come with needle valve and solinoid, it might be worth looking for a second hand one to keep cost even lower

And an argon to co2 adapter
An aquatic reg would be good enough for a glass diffuser

Back