• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Hi George I was wondering how you run the lighting at the moment, do you run both tiles at 100% at any point during the photo period?

Thanks
Ali

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Wow after playing with my one tile on one of my tanks that seems like a lot of light, testimony to your meticulous maintenance right there.

I read on another thread you are looking at an NA setup. Will you be retiring the tmc if (or when) this cones to fruition?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

The lights are suspended about 40cm above the tank so I'm not sure if it's much more light than one tile on the MounaRay bracket.

Yes, the NA set up will replace this one eventually. I'll be going slightly bigger, but not by much. I fancy more height as the last 5 scapes have been shallow.

Excellent videos George, nice choice of music aswell :singing:
Thanks mate. Going through a cerebral drum and bass phase at the moment. Seems to go well with my two passions - aquascaping and running!

Not much new to report. I moved the lighting closer to the tank to get some faster growth in time to take this whole set-up including the 'scape to a trade show in a couple of weeks. I notched up the CO2 and other nutrient dosing accordingly but I'm seeing algae forming amongst some of the hairgrass. I dare not increase the CO2 any further so I've resumed previous lighting levels.

I'll get some new pics up this weekend. :)

Hi all,

Long story short (I wrote an epic post but it got deleted in the forum crash :( )....

Did a big maintenance session.
Nearly destroyed the scape by accident.
Nearly stripped it down due to frustration.
Did some press ups.
Decided to sleep on it and start afresh.
Made some changes to the wood layout.
Turned out OK. :)

_MG_2945.jpg
_MG_2942.jpg
_MG_2936.jpg
_MG_2951.jpg

You'd never tell that there had been a near disaster mate, still looking sweet :).....did you smash the spraybar up in a fit of rage?

Just realized I wrote Georgie ....... Sorry I do apologize George .
Bloody predictive text on iPhone :facepalm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Long story short (I wrote an epic post but it got deleted in the forum crash :( )....

I was lucky enough to read the full story before the crash. Great entertainment. I only wish you had recorded it on video. Would have become an instant hit.

I think I have said this before: very nice, but I feel the planted section divides the scape too evenly into two similar size triangles.

Thomas

Back