• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

London aquarium places to visit

Jaap

Hello,

I will be in London this month. Is there anything interesting to visit regarding aquariums and aquascaping apart from the London Aquarium?

Thanks

could you give me the addresses of these places? Opening hours or anything else useful?

Thanks

Aquatic Design Centre
109 Great Portland St
London W1W 6QG
Shop Tel: 020 7580 6764
Monday-Thursday 10am - 8pm
Friday 10am - 7pm
Saturday 10am - 6pm
Sunday 11am - 5pm

Living Waters
28 Beddington Lane
Croydon, Surrey
CR0 4TB
Tel: 020 8680 3533
Open Times
Mon - Sat 10:30 - 17:00
Closed on Wednesday
Sun 10:30 - 15:00

Freshwater Shrimp
Check this post: Showroom NA Gallery The Beginning... | UK Aquatic Plant Society
Contact them to arrange a visit.

Possibly too late, but the aquarium at London Zoo is, in my opinion, a better bet for enthusiasts than the London Aquarium. No walk-through shark tanks, but some truly lovely reef tanks, and some decent planted biotopes. If you are in South London, the Horniman Museum has an interesting small aquarium section - it's only £2 to get in, which reflects it's size, so I wouldn't travel across the whole of London to get to it, but it is nice. ADC is a decent fish shop, but Living Waters is an experience.

Hello ppl,

I went to ADC and its truly amazing on the fish selection and plants and aquascapes they have...compared to where I live they are awesome! It was the first time I saw ADA products and mostly ADA tanks...they are something else...bit expensive :) too bad I can't take one home :( there was an ADA gravel...maybe powersand...that costs £71!!! A bit overpriced imo if column fertilisation is also required...

Hello ppl,

I went to ADC and its truly amazing on the fish selection and plants and aquascapes they have...compared to where I live they are awesome! It was the first time I saw ADA products and mostly ADA tanks...they are something else...bit expensive :) too bad I can't take one home :( there was an ADA gravel...maybe powersand...that costs £71!!! A bit overpriced imo if column fertilisation is also required...

In my opinion ADC is the cheapest place in London and all the Ada products they have in standard price.

Back