• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Alastair

Whilst my big tank is growing in in the back ground I thought I'd get another journal going purely for shrimp and maybe a couple of my paros in one..

So I've gone and got 2 fluval spec 19litres to try and scape up which I thought would be a fun challenge.
Both will be on opposite sides of the kitchen so will hopefully be a nice feature as you walk in.

Specs: :lol:

2 x Fluval Specs 19 litre in white
Lighting: 2 x 7500k led lighting included
Filtration: inbuilt at the back with media included
Heating: tanks will just be at room temp so around 20 degrees but have some nano heaters incase. (especially if adding paros)

Substrate: Red bee sand 8kg with some genchem biozyme sprinkled on the Base.
Fertilisers: Seachem Aquavitro plant range. premier Envy Synthesise Propel Activate Mineralize
And will be adding some tantora catappa essence from shrimp and scape
Co2: non.

Hardscape: both will have some gorgeous locally collected lava type rock (see pics below) that have a honeycomb look. All are inert.
Nano Redmoor bought from Ed at www.freshwatershrimp.co.uk

Plants. Eleocharis sp, hydrocotyle tripartia, microsorum trident and bolbitus
Oh and Fissedens Fontanus

Both tanks ready
14121104996_908005f4c3_b.jpg
Fluval spec by Mr-T-, on Flickr
And just a couple of variations of the rock I will be picking from.
3e9apene.jpg

sa8ureje.jpg

ybumezu3.jpg

Will be getting stuck in once I've finished adding more plants to the big tank courtesy of Tom. His bucket of mud will live on.....kind of :D

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
You should get an award for the most enthusiastic enthusiast:)...how many tanks will that be in total?
Ha ha thanks tim. I have got a bit of a planting bug going on at the moment so as I'd donated the lava negro shrimp tank away and given my kitchen a bit of a makeover I thought two of these little beauties would look great either side of the kitchen..
If I include the terrarium that's now upstairs and underway it's 3 small tanks the biggie and the terrarium.

sexy little set ups Al, im watching :)
Aren't they just mate. I really like these. I hope fluval can do bigger versions of these at some point with a nice white cabinet. They really are stunning little tanks.
Thanks for watching mate I'll try my best :)
This looks really interesting.
ta Aqua. Hope you like once I've done

Looking forward to seeing these mate, they look great little tanks - I'm sure you will do them proud :thumbup:
Cheers bud, me too and the first tank I'm really happy with. I'm just finishing off the moss tying (I've always used super glue :( I have butter fingers

Go you ! :thumbup: .... was thinking about setting up a little shrimp tank myself but I am moving house at the end of the month so will wait. I even was allowed a spot in the living room for my new tank :) Will keep an eye on this and maybe pick up some tips !
Definitely recommend these Murph. Quality little nanos. And with them being the shape they are they have lots of scope. Perfect shrimp tanks

Yay, been looking forward to these. :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
;) thanks Ali
Love those rocks mate, watching with interest.
They are really nice pieces mate. I have bagfuls hence the delay on the second one as I'm spoilt for what to use.

I'll watch on here too. I'm sure they will be great!
Thanks Andy..means alot mate
This looks so cool. You should do a YouTube video ;)
Thanks Lindy. Going to do a time lapse one.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

nice start looking forward to this :)
Cheers Allan really appreciate the following..
Look forward to see what you do to these. That rock looks interesting
Cheers Mark. I have some real stunning pieces that I just can't get myself to use haha..
Weekend update, are they wet yet?
Will be following

Thank you Alje

One is wet yep. The other hopefully tomorrow..
It's been fun jumping to the opposite size wise and is a challenge to keep the scale regarding plants but I hope everyone likes them.
Just going to sort pics and upload in the morning

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2

Back