• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

JBL or TetraTec

Which filter is the best/ quietest?

• Total voters

Crossocheilus

So for my new 180L tank I will have two filters of one of these two makes. Which make is better/ quieter and what combination of what model should I use to achieve 10x turnover?

Really I've never heard of it, where can you buy that?[DOUBLEPOST=1407867472][/DOUBLEPOST]After a very quick google it looks like its only available as an import from Germany? Anywhere in the uk selling them?

Hmm ok I'll have another look around, thanks anyway Ian, if I can find a 1901 it would be perfect flow wise and you say its quiet.

Heard nothing but good things about JBLs Cristal Profi range. They seem to be the modern equivalent of the old Eheims, which is a VERY good thing.

I have a JBL cristalprofi greenline e1501 on one of my tanks, great filter and very quiet :thumbup:

So would the two 1501s with spraybars across the back be to much flow for the fish. I could also go with two set of lily pipes on one end flowing from left to right

I have a Juwel Vision 180 and use a JBLe1501 as well as the 600l/hr internal filter. I have extended the 1501 spray bar so that is covers the whole back of the tank.

So it looks like its gonna be a pair of jbls, but which ones? I just worry that the 901s might have too little force to push the water right round the tank but 2 1501s might just pummel the fish and everything else in the tank. Any thoughts?

my thoughts are, buy the biggest that will fit in your stand and that you can afford , you can always slow the flow a little and if you upgrade your tank you all ready have the filters

The e1501s have valves that can reduce the flow if you find it too great..

Ian m, would that not put strain on the motor and perhaps shorten its working life?[DOUBLEPOST=1408016644][/DOUBLEPOST]I am afraid to say that I hadn't really considered price through all this but now it seems like 2 1501s would be £100 more expensive than two 901s, and I don't know if I can justify that, what with 2 1501s being a bit overkill.

Last edited:
Back