• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

josepinto

So the summer ended and with it my vacations,
I decided to setup my new tank, and although some problems with the co2 hardware, here it goes.
Im still waiting for some plants to fulfill what i want to do with this aquascape.
Hope you guys enjoy it.

15126609157_af7229cec3_c.jpg

15126566168_4c697acd8f_c.jpg

15313157775_ec8be8550f_c.jpg

Plants:
BLYXA JAPONICA
ELEOCHARIS SP. MINI
ELEOCHARIS PARVULA
MARSILEA HIRSUTA
HEMIANTHUS MICRANTHEMOIDES
MICRANTHEMUM "MONTE CARLO"
FISSIDENS FONTANUS
GLOSSOTIGMA ELATINOIDES
Cardamine lyrata
Hottonia palustris
Lilaeopsis brasiliensis
Microsorum pteropus 'Narrow'
Staurogyne repens

Some "Bad boys"
smile.gif

15290120156_aca2cef768_c.jpg

15309995561_5738348b62_c.jpg

And this is how the day ends.
15154155060_d6acd4026a_c.jpg

Regards
Jo

Very natural layout and clearly the fish love it :)! Same style as Troi's Tulgey Wood, but that's no bad thing ;)
The substrate on the left is banked very high, could this cause problems with anaerobic patches or substrate collapse/landslide? Is it supported in any way?

Very natural layout and clearly the fish love it :)! Same style as Troi's Tulgey Wood, but that's no bad thing ;)
The substrate on the left is banked very high, could this cause problems with anaerobic patches or substrate collapse/landslide? Is it supported in any way?
hi, i didn´t know the troi´s Tulgey Wood setup but must check it.
I was inspired by the setup of cliff hui - destiny you must check it cause its lovely

The substrate has supporting rocks on the sides and almost 70% is rock bellow also the grain is large enough for leating the substrate "breed" ....i think i wont have anaerobic problems

Ok good to know you thought it through, I can't wait to see this fully grown in and established!
just checking the Tulgey Wood, very nice indeed.
This is kind of boring sometimes because i have some difficulties in finding good plant suppliers around here.
You want anubias? there you have, many has you wish!
But, you want a simple glosso? it's not in stock, monte carlo? only one shop that i know have it and its not the cheapest one, i should have set a anubias tank instead!

Stunning scape Jo,

looks perfect! I guess that the stone on the left is only temporary (the one on the wood)?

Cheers,
Chris

Lovely healthy angels, that's a delight to see. I'm guessing that they are juveniles as well else it's a massive aquarium ;) to see such happy juveniles is very rare most I see in fish shops are always shabby with odd fins or nipped fins due inappropriate tank mates. Love the scape for them.

Lovely healthy angels, that's a delight to see. I'm guessing that they are juveniles as well else it's a massive aquarium ;) to see such happy juveniles is very rare most I see in fish shops are always shabby with odd fins or nipped fins due inappropriate tank mates. Love the scape for them.
Thanks. I treat them the best i can. I try to varie the food, that and good water is the key for me. I have like 6 brands of food, including live food and they seem to love this method. Its like us, we dont like to eat the same thing everyday :)

They are amazing hunters and love live food! I used to keep a couple of large pregnant gupeys with mine. Even in a well planted tank they found the babies. Was amazing to watch them hunt. As close to the wild as I can get...

Back