• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Green Pekoe Pond - 40 litres

A little update. All is well with the pitcher so far - I've moved it up a little as per Darrel's suggestion. It has survived a week, fingers crossed! If you look, you can see the water level in the biggest pitcher:).
16732623951_5fcea85a02_c_d.jpg

Rotala bonsai also doing OK. You can also see my new disco lights effect on the back wall:
16707933956_d3d227dc2f_c_d.jpg

Daytime tank pic:
16733833565_41c25ffc73_c_d.jpg

ohh mate. your tank is so expiring! I've got already a few ideas for my next setup. I have a plan to re-do my 90l one. and now I have few ideas to start it with. it may be only a start of this summer when I will hav a time.

But this is one ow my favorit journals so far. love it

Thanks for the kind words and it's great to hear you like my tank. You're going to have a loads of fun with your 90 litres. I'm on tenterhooks at the moment, looking for signs the pitcher isn't liking the conditions. I'm going to be so chuffed if it grows in there!

But where are the fish?
My fish see me pointing a camera at the tank and hide...they hide most of the time. Little bit annoying really. When they were introduced, they behaved in the same way as when they were in the shop but they have slowly and steadily become more shy over the months. I'm sat here now, very still and they are all out hunting and swiming in the open.

My fish see me pointing a camera at the tank and hide...they hide most of the time. Little bit annoying really. When they were introduced, they behaved in the same way as when they were in the shop but they have slowly and steadily become more shy over the months. I'm sat here now, very still and they are all out hunting and swiming in the open.
Tripod, remote shutter release and a longer lens might help. I have the same problem with my clown loach, I also take fish pics at feeding time

Hi all,
They are just happy fish, if they have a complex environment they will behave naturally, like they are doing.

cheers Darrel

There hasn’t really been any major changes over the past two weeks. The Heliamphora has made it so far but I’ve lost a couple of the pitchers - perhaps due to the plant being grown in the much dryer air of my house. I haven’t misted them at all - I need to remember to give them a squirt twice a day.
16251533714_850168d255_c_d.jpg

The new light is definitely bringing out a red blush. I’m guessing my lighting duration isn’t enough to really change the plant to a deep red the enthusiasts develop in their plants.

16253911533_76d6b6d5bb_c_d.jpg

The Hygrophila ‘Araguaia’ is colouring up nicely

16872735182_5df7c9571c_c_d.jpg

16873905815_a14ddee1c6_c_d.jpg

One of my favorites, very nice. Please keep updating this journal despite the lack of change... :)
Bijou...and very inspirational.
Some small jewels in there.love it:thumbup::thumbup:
Thanks, really chuffed you like the little tank!
Amazing...still have the tmc 1500 tile at 100%?
Hi Jaap, I've gone supernova and running an Ecotech Radion XR15 Freshwater - unbelievably bright. I'm experimenting at running at 100% for the past few weeks. Everything is good and wonder how high high the light could go before I see a decline in plant health. Here's a screen shot of the lighting schedule:
16779917457_97bc1fb153_c_d.jpg

Hi Mr. Teapot.

I'm new to aquascaping and planted tanks so I've been browsing UKAPS for a couple of months now formulating ideas and gathering huge amounts of inspiration ;). I usually am in awe of the bigger style tanks, but this is just absolutely amazing! i love the combination of submerged and emerged plants that you have successfully grown :clap:. It's a first for me to see such a mix of the two and i've enjoyed reading all 15 pages of this. I am also a keen photographer and i love your photos! really amazing. What camera do you use?

Keep up the good work and i shall be watching this thread and am looking forward to the updates!

Laurie

Hi Laurie, really brilliant you've enjoyed my little tank's journal - quite a journey and still amazes me every time it decides to subtly change. I'll post some more pictures in the next few days - my sundew has started to flower and the heliamphorais starting to grow new pitchers after suffering from the dry central heating. Hopefully the new growth will be fully acclimatised as we go into some warmer weather, the remaining pitchers have gained even more red colouring. The original hitch-hiking Utricularia graminifolia and Glosso have established a couple of colonies and are growing strongly with my upgraded lighting.

Only one drama. Broken glass outlet… replaced super quick by Aquarium Plant Food.
16447703573_176c64c7dd_c_d.jpg

I'm only a point the camera and click type of picture taker. Only just starting to use the RAW setting and playing with a few of the other bits and bobs. I use a Nikon D40, my fist ever digital camera. Before this I used a Pentax K1000 for over 15 years!

Last edited:
Back