• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New scape, new plants, new beginning

Manu

Hi everybody,

This is my first tank, it has been running for two weeks now but only managed to post some pictures today.

I would love to hear what you think, bad or good comments :)

Here are some pictures when I set up the tank.
I have reopened an old doorway, build a cabinet from scaffolding boards than I have planned and cut.
We can view the tank from both side which is great but it also makes it quite difficult to arrange the plants.

IMG_3198.JPG

IMG_3201.JPG

IMG_3207.JPG

IMG_3208.JPG

IMG_3213.JPG

IMG_3217.JPG

IMG_3220.JPG

IMG_3221.JPG

IMG_3224.JPG

IMG_3226.JPG

Hello, my first post here! Nice tank Manu. I also have an aquarium which is viewed from both sides, so has no back.

We recently built a new house, and I decided that an aquarium would make a great room divider between the lounge and kitchen, so I had the builders create a wall especially for it.

This is the view from the sofa...

f618487ff1bbbdcf9d6d2bd77a316978.jpg

and from the kitchen....

28d75015f4b4dcf61940b832a896a264.jpg

And the end view....

3db6d6a497a7c10cf7c5e6fee9d2642e.jpg

It's big, it's bold, it starts conversation!

Keep up the good work Manu.

Ps, 450l Juwel aquarium, running internal Juwel filter, 2 x Juwel T5 daylight and 2 x Juwel nature lights, plus external eheim 350 canister filter, co2 injection and home made algae scrubber.

Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot for your comments!

There's so much to learn, for example, the Aponogeton Ulvaceus is growing so fast and wide that it's soon going to take the whole space in the middle:
IMG_3342.JPG

I am wondering about moving it somewhere else but I don't like the idea to disturb it when it's doing so well...

I am also thinking to get a second pump and an atomiser diffuser to avoid the fizzy water.

Hello, my first post here! Nice tank Manu. I also have an aquarium which is viewed from both sides, so has no back.

We recently built a new house, and I decided that an aquarium would make a great room divider between the lounge and kitchen, so I had the builders create a wall especially for it.

This is the view from the sofa...

This looks really cool !!!! I'm already wondering where to put a second tank and what style to give it :happy:

Cheers !!

Someone did their homework. Excellent tank, even I'm inspired now. WD WD WD! Will go through the details when I have some extra time.

Someone did their homework. Excellent tank, even I'm inspired now. WD WD WD! Will go through the details when I have some extra time.

Edit: And well done with the tank. I wish my first planted tank looked like that.

Thanks a lot for the compliments :) I am so happy it's going so well so far.
This forum has been a great help, better than my local shop...

It has no problems being moved. It grows big, mine was reaching a 65 cm tall tank

I have just moved it and it looks much better. It's incredible how fast the roots grow, and it was a bit messy as it pulled quite a bit of the akadama but after a few hours the water was clear again :)
I'll post some pictures tomorrow and add the specs of the tank... I had forgotten to do that :angelic:

Cheers !

Last edited:
Hello,

here are some more details about tank:

Tank : Custom made 10mm OptiWhite 90cmW*48cmD*51cmH

Filtration : JBL CristalProfi e1501

Lighting : Aqualighter3 90cm with controller

CO2 : JBL Proflora m602, with Neutro 300 glass diffuser

Substrate : Akadama, Sphagnum Moss Peat and Osmocote following the great thread from James, Akadama - A cheap substrate

Fertilisation : EI using the Micro and Macro from Co2art at the moment

Plants :
Anubias barteri var. nana
Ludwigia repens rubin
Aponogeton ulvaceus
Sagittaria subulata var. pusilla
Rotala rotundifolia
Rotala wallichi
Rotala yao yai
Riccia fluitans
Cryptocoryne beckettii
Hemianthus callitrichoides
Didiplis diandra
Echinodorus tenellus

There's a few more cryptocorynes but I don't know the names...

Here are the latest pictures of the tank with the Aponogeton ulvaceus moved on the right side of the tank:

IMG_3365.JPG

IMG_3366.jpg

The rotalas are growing really well :)

IMG_3367.JPG

A close shot on the Riccia

IMG_3368.JPG

Here is one of the five Amano's

IMG_3369.jpg

And this is view from the back/stair case

IMG_3371.JPG

Thanks for looking :)

Cheers!

You're doing a great job, amazing in fact for your first tank.
Thanks a lot, I've been reading a lot on the forum and it's been so helpful. I'm very thorough with everything I do, it was great to follow James thread using Akadama. Everything went really well. I'm now on holiday, I've turned the lights to 8%, CO2 is at a bubble/second and I hope all will be fine went I'm back.
Cheers!

Hi everyone and thanks a lot for the very nice comments!!
I was off on holiday for a week, turned the CO2 down (1bps), the lights at 10%. I was very happy to see that everything was fine at my return

I have added six shrimps and six otocynclus and they've done a fantastic job at cleaning all the tank and the plants.

I'll soon put a few pictures

Thanks again for your comments and feel free to give any suggestions on maybe a better way to arrange the plants or anything else you can think about!

Cheers!!!

Last edited:
Back