• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lost Nature

I'm very impressed by your sophisticated work. Kudos to your skills!
I think I don't have enough patience to tie the moss to fixed branches, I'd probably just glued it.

I think I don't have enough patience to tie the moss to fixed branches, I'd probably just glued it.
It happened the same to me, but I have discovered that if you take the time to tie the moss and you do it properly (using only a few "leaves", much better if they do not overlap too much, actually you have to see most of the wood-rock) the results are much better. You can make a much more efficient use of the plant material you have, you can cover much more surface, co2-flow-light will better around the new growth parts and the new growth looks nice from the very beginning.

Jordi

Excellent hardscape. I hope you entered this into IAPLC because it looks real good.

I entered but it's not a good "format" for IAPLC. My 300l is more "Nature". This is a landscape aquascape that many people don't like.

I'm very impressed by your sophisticated work. Kudos to your skills!

It happened the same to me, but I have discovered that if you take the time to tie the moss and you do it properly (using only a few "leaves", much better if they do not overlap too much, actually you have to see most of the wood-rock) the results are much better. You can make a much more efficient use of the plant material you have, you can cover much more surface, co2-flow-light will better around the new growth parts and the new growth looks nice from the very beginning.

One can always tie the moos outside the aquarium. It's easier but then you'll the trouble in glueing the wood. If you think this was difficult, you must take a look at my 300l !!! It was insane timing all that moss!
And i changed the moss in this one some months ago. So it was double work :) Changed to Taxiphyllum barbieri. Willlow is a "large" moss for this size.
Jordi have a point in what he is saying.

A look at the past years' top 27 will tell you otherwise. Mostly dominated by strong landscapes.

Some of them you're right, mainly number one :)
But there are some Nature Aquariums at the top. They changed the rules last year, as you probably remember and I think they will apply them this year! But with ADA we never know. Now there will be no NA Party... next year what will change? :)

Some updates...
Almost 7 month and almost all ok.

New fish: Hasemania nana, 20x
A very good school fish ant they are very funny to watch.

Some photos:

20150719-ln-1.jpg

20150719-ln-2.jpg

20150719-ln-3.jpg

Thanks guys!

After the "in situ" photo you can see above, now it's time for what could be the last photos of this layout (but i'm thinking of a little movie). Photos for some contests were also taken sometime ago.
It's not as good as i would like but we learn something on each setup.
Glad to have the will to keep on planning more aquariums

20150727-ln-11.jpg

20150727-ln-12.jpg

20150727-ln-13.jpg

20150727-ln-1.jpg

20150727-ln-2.jpg

20150727-ln-3.jpg

20150727-ln-4.jpg

just love the cave you have there...and it would be best if you take the photo without the equipment inside on the FTS. BTW excellent work....:thumbup:

Really impressed with all your tanks …..this one looks bigger 60l.

What lens have you used on the FTS and close ups ?… lighting is really good also.

A small movie to show how Lost Nature is with 8 months and near to this aquascape end.
It was a wonderful time and many challenges to keep it going.

Enjoy :)

Really impressed with all your tanks …..this one looks bigger 60l.
What lens have you used on the FTS and close ups ?… lighting is really good also.

Sorry, I missed you question... on the pictures i used a 17-85 USM (Canon).
The latest video i used 3 lens... described at the end of the video.

Pedro.

Back