• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shops with good rock selection in Berks/Oxfordshire?

I'm after some particularly sized large pieces of rock so want to try and pick them out rather than buy mail order.

Tried 3 different MA stores today and they were all pathetic.

Can anyone suggest a shop in the Reading/Oxford area?

I'm looking for similar around the Reading/Bracknell area so I'm interested to see what people recommend. A few months ago MA at Arborfield had a better selection of rocks and wood than most of the other MA stores in the area. Not been recently though so I don't know if that is still the case.

That's one that I didn't try today! Will give them a call in the morning to see.

I can't remember what the Goldfish Bowl in Oxford has in the way of rocks either.

I'm going to Squires at Badshot Lea (Farnham) tomorrow and might pop into MA at Bordon while I'm in the area if time permits. If I do I'll let you know if they have any rocks.

What's Coxwell like in Didcot ?
Haven't been in there since they moved a couple of years ago.
For the record, Aquajardin (M5 J12) is a lot closer than TGM.
When they've had a delivery, you'll find just about any type of rock\wood that you'd want.

Going to try and go into coxwell this afternoon. Generally they are good for fish etc. Never really paid attention to hardscape stock though! I remember them having quite a lot of redmoor wood. Just can't remember what they keep in the way of rock.

Squires at Badshot Lea had some lovely stone in their display tanks. I was told the same stones were available to buy and was taken to that section of the store. The stones on sale were a completely different type. Was quite disappointed as I bought wood for the tank at MA this am and it would have been great to get nice stoned too. Not much stone on display at MA Bordon. They had just had a delivery but it was mainly slate, lava rock and other stuff you can get most places. Almost talked Hubby into buying a lovely new tank though. Would have solved my Roma 90 lighting issues after all a new tank is a great way to get upgraded lighting :angelic:.

Coxwell had a few different types, but not much of any of it so not much choice. Generally smaller stuff too.

Online from TGM or aqua essentials it is then.

Back