• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Announcing the UKAPS Aquascaping Experience 2016

Whether Piotr was influenced by mentioned above work or not only he knows. Even if he tried to base his work on that he did a great job. I only mentioned that as for me it is about 80% (if not more) similarity in both works. If I noticed that judges surely would too but if they thought differently I only could apologise but wouldn't mind to hear their opinion.
Hi Konrad

Thank you for your input.

With regards your "plagiarism" comment - I'm pleased you agree that was in an inappropriate choice of word.

Aquascaping is an art form and like all arts, the artists will no doubt be influenced from one another, whether it's conscious decision or not. Most of my own aquascapes are based on the Nature Aquarium concept and in many of my aquascapes you will see hints from others' works.

I can say that all 7 judges were briefed before the judging began to assess the layouts on entirely the aesthetic they see before them. If they believed a layout was a direct copy of another then it would be up to them to take that into account in their final score.

I did not consider that any layouts were direct copies, personally. There were obvious influences, but that is not an issue. No other judge mentioned this 'copying', and we were all hugely impressed by every entry.

Lastly I'd just like to say how humbling it was to see 10 artists go about their work, under time pressure and under the spotlight from over 100 members of the public. They not only created these great layouts, but managed to also engage fully with the visitors, helping to inspire a whole new generation of aquascapers.

I thank each and every one of them for helping to make the UKAPS Aquascaping Experience the massive success that is was.

Cheers,
George

Hi Konrad

With regards your "plagiarism" comment - I'm pleased you agree that was in an inappropriate choice of word.

Aquascaping is an art form and like all arts, the artists will no doubt be influenced from one another, whether it's conscious decision or not. Most of my own aquascapes are based on the Nature Aquarium concept and in many of my aquascapes you will see hints from others' works.

I can say that all 7 judges were briefed before the judging began to assess the layouts on entirely the aesthetic they see before them. If they believed a layout was a direct copy of another then it would be up to them to take that into account in their final score.

I did not consider that any layouts were direct copies, personally. There were obvious influences, but that is not an issue. No other judge mentioned this 'copying', and we were all hugely impressed by every entry.

Lastly I'd just like to say how humbling it was to see 10 artists go about their work, under time pressure and under the spotlight from over 100 members of the public. They not only created these great layouts, but managed to also engage fully with the visitors, helping to inspire a whole new generation of aquascapers.

I thank each and every one of them for helping to make the UKAPS Aquascaping Experience the massive success that is was.

Cheers,
George

Well said and done! ;)

Hi Konrad

Cheers,
George
Hi George. Thanks for taking your time and clarifying it. It makes sense now.

Back