• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Going Dutch by the book - tank sponsored by Tropica

Hello

d all just wonderful first! bravo!

I just want a summary of plants that there are today in your aquarium , so of course this does not bother you . thank you in advance.

You had more growth in your first 8 days than I had in my first 8 months! This is a stunning aquarium! Love it :)

:) If you buy plants on a store and they are good, you should always have a nice grow at the start.

Featured on FB Gallery again ;) :thumbup::thumbup:

:thumbup:

I just want a summary of plants that there are today in your aquarium , so of course this does not bother you . thank you in advance.

David:
Back, from the left: Murdannia Keijak, Rotala Macrandra, Pogostemon Erectus, Limnophila hippuridoides, Myriophyllum mattogrossense, Ludwigia Palustris, Heteranthera Zosterifolia
Middle, from the left: Crinum calamistratum, Cryptocoryne Petchi, Lobelia Cardinals, Bacopa carolinians, Hygrophila 'Siamensis 53B'
Front, from the left: Staurogyne Repens, Micranthemum 'Monte Carlo', Pogostemon Helferi, Cyperus helferi

Pedro.

Stunning!! I can not get my head round how some of us have such terrible issues with CO2 and goto extreme lengths and Pedro you get away with a single diffuser in the tank.
I call witch craft :)
Keep up the amazing work

Ah ah ah, maybe i use some kind of voodoo for my aquariums :)
Nothing like that! Maybe it's luck...

a lot of like Pedro!
follow you work on all channels

Thanks!

Thanks Mick :)
I'm having fun with this aquarium. More then I thought. Everyone was telling me that this was a huge work but, for now, I'm willing to sacrifice myself :p

Pedro.

Some details... completely algae free tank. Has been another easy one!
(a new plant somewhere...)

20160310-1.jpg

20160310-2.jpg

20160310-3.jpg

20160310-4.jpg

Love it.

I'm planning a rescape next week so I was looking for journals with the Dutch style twist. I only have a 125l tank to fill so will be restricted. I'm not bothered about conforming to the strict guidelines but will trying to follow the basic planting rules.

Is this scape still up and running? If it is I'd like to see a recent pic.

do we get to see this video sometime? :D
I'd love to see a video of the trim & tank maintenance, followed by tank regrowth :angelic:
- a big video project but one I think you are very capable of :)
What livestock are in the tank now?

Video will follow shortly. It's almost done. I only want to take some more images from 6 - 7 month lifetime.
I've got Congo Tetras, White Fin Tetras and Santa Filomena Tetras.
... and I must say i'm having some troubles with the Congo Tetras because they started to like some plants. This is the worst to happen on a planted tank (algae we can control, hungry/vegetarian fish not really). I increases the daily food and it's "controlled" but i'll take more then a half of them soon.

Love it.
I'm planning a rescape next week so I was looking for journals with the Dutch style twist. I only have a 125l tank to fill so will be restricted. I'm not bothered about conforming to the strict guidelines but will trying to follow the basic planting rules.
Is this scape still up and running? If it is I'd like to see a recent pic.

Spyder, the photos are from last weeks. The last photos are from last week.
But yes, i'll update it soon.

Pedro.

Stunning pedro.
Congos do that, they used to eat almost ever new anubia leaf in my African tank. Very annoying. This doesn't look any the worst for it though, no doubt you grow it quicker than they can eat it!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back