• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A few scape's in one place (scape #3 page 3)

tim

Morning folks, purpose of this thread is for me to try a few different scape's and plant's etc etc all in the same tank, so i thought it best to keep them all in the same thread :)
Tank spec's as we all like them ;)
ADA 60p on a tmc cabinet
jbl cristal profi 900 with cal aqua glassware
co2 jbl reg with co2 art inline glass diffuser
lighting for now 3x14w t5NO (wanting to swap this out for led but not 100% which)
cheap plant substrate as i had it laying around
ferts EI
No setup pic's unfortunately as this scape was chucked together to use up excess plants from some heavy duty maintenance on my 3ft tank.
[url=https://flic.kr/p/FeqvfL]25749809500_66ea21e5c2_b.jpgUntitled by https://www.flickr.com/photos/75628789@N02/
timyapp, on Flickr[/URL]
planted with micranthemum monte carlo and echinodorus tennelus.
cheers for looking :)

Attachments

• 25749809500_66ea21e5c2_b.jpg
    25749809500_66ea21e5c2_b.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 25749809500_66ea21e5c2_b.jpg
    25749809500_66ea21e5c2_b.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 113
Looking forward seeing it grown in :)

Now the real work starts. Trimming!

Reactions: tim
Quick pic after water change this morning while the equipment was still out,
[url=https://flic.kr/p/GcM953]26387559362_bd1795c0cd_b.jpgUntitled by timyapp, on Flickr[/URL]
it's all growing pretty quick, MC has weekly - bi weekly trims just to keep it short, tennelus has been cut right back after week 2 and is growing back nicely, diatoms have been biting hard the last week or so, sticking to 50% wc every other day at the moment, may add some shrimp may not, don't see this scape being very long lived i'm finding it quite boring :lol:,
as always cheers for looking :)

Attachments

• 26387559362_bd1795c0cd_b.jpg
    26387559362_bd1795c0cd_b.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 94
Now it's maturing I could see this working extremely well in a shallow also:)
Totally, if the tank was only 30cm high it'd be much better, 50kg of landscape rock in the shed but none that really went together for that Classic iwagumi look :lol:
Really nice tank :).Looking forward to the next one already :lol:.
Thanks Neil, me too :lol: hopefully another month or so and I'll get a decent enough final image from it ;)

Hi folks, not had much time lately for any of my tanks due to unexpected life matters, this scape is suffering from diatoms, BGA, GSA on hardscape little staghorn in the Monte Carlo, won't have much time for the next couple of weeks either needless to say some maintenance is required :lol:

693eeb0b8f7d6190597902087c970af6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No twinstar for me I could rescape the whole tank for the price of one ;)
Diatoms are slowing down, added a few mixed cherry shrimp I got a very good price on gsa persists on the rocks but I'm growing to like it :lol:
Quick phone pic before I waterchange and scrub in the morning
d523087c44a9b08c8ce66715c61c8bd0.jpg

Scapes really not bringing me joy, not enough height for the tank, not enough plant varieties, I will see it through untill it's all grown in well but I'm looking forward to stripping it down :)
Cheers for looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks nice from the pics but I can understand your heart not being in it. You could always go for one of the twinstar look a likes, the chihiros or whatever it is called. I've put one of their fish health ones in the big tank. Is nice quality. Whether or not it works is another thing lol...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Diatoms are slowing down, added a few mixed cherry shrimp I got a very good price on gsa persists on the rocks but I'm growing to like it :lol:
read this as

Diatoms are slowing down
added a few mixed cherry shrimp
I got a very good price on gsa - persists on the rocks but I'm growing to like it :lol:

It made me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scapes really not bringing me joy,
Why not change up some plants now ... or add wood ... or ....
:)

Back