• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Just how many plants are there in a pot of Tropica 1-2-Grow?

Zak Rafik

Hi everyone,:)

I'm in midst of planning for a new planted tank:happy:. I happened to see some pots of Tropica's 1-2-Grow at a LFS.
As you see in the photo which I took, one container of Cryptocoryne wendtii green seems to contain so many plantlets.
According to Torpica's website it states that Cryptocoryne wendtii green can grow upto a height of 10-15cm with a roset of 8-15cm! (please see 2nd pix below)

Very curious to find out on how many adult plants can be grown from this amount in one container.
I'm very sure many member here must have used Tropica's 1-2-Grow in their tanks and I would very much appreciate if you can share your experience on this ( the quantity of plants that can be had from one container)

Thankz and Cheers.:thumbup:

tropica%20plants%20numbers_zpsmg7qs2bp.jpg

tropica%20plants%20numbers%2001_zpsgc8x33if.png

Hi Zak, Yes there great lots of baby plants for your money :cool: These will take time to go on depending on the plant species. With the baby crypts I place three or four together for the first 6 months or so then split them .:) Stems I plant with a little space between each one. HC MC plant in little bunches at even spacing

Hi Zak, Yes there great lots of baby plants for your money :cool: These will take time to go on depending on the plant species. With the baby crypts I place three or four together for the first 6 months or so then split them .:) Stems I plant with a little space between each one. HC MC plant in little bunches at even spacing

Hi Greenfinger2,
Thanks for your feedback.
The reason I raised the above question was due to the premium price commanded for Tropica's plants in my country when compared to normal farm grown ones. There is one more brand which does sell gel base plantlets but the quality pales in comparison with Tropica's 1-2-Grow. They seem more healthy and green. The other brands seems to have many dead or near to death plantlets inside the containers.:meh:

When you say "With the baby crypts I place three or four together for the first 6 months or so then split them" What do you mean by that? Would be helpful if you can expand on this.

Cheers.:)

Hi Zak, I place two or three crypts together as they look better and more bushy at the start. As they get bigger I pull the plants apart and plant up to give them more room to grow:)
And your crypts don't react to the replanting? Do you different types of crypts in your tank?
Cheers :D

Hi Zak, Over time I have grown lots of types of crypts I love them :) At the moment I have two tanks running with Crypts in. Once they have established and getting big you can lift them and split them and then replant sometimes a few leaves melt but the plant sends out new leaves to replace the dead ones ;)

Video Utube

From one container of Tropic's 1-2-Grow, say for example of Cryptocoryne wendtii green OR Ludwigia palustris, how much area can be cover in a 4 ft tank (280 litres)?
Hi Zak, Over time I have grown lots of types of crypts I love them :) At the moment I have two tanks running with Crypts in. Once they have established and getting big you can lift them and split them and then replant sometimes a few leaves melt but the plant sends out new leaves to replace the dead ones ;)

Thanks for vid. It was awesome.

Hi Zak, The power of 123 grow pots :)

Another great Thread by George. With just one pot a Whole scape was planted :cool:

http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/georges-one-pot-iwagumi-challenge.29695/

First it was @stu_ with his 12 pages long post and now you, with a 14 page long post:dead:.
Tell you what I'll just give up on starting a real tank and just have a virtual tank cause I'll be too busy reading long posts:lol:. I'm sure my wife will be delighted to hear this.:rolleyes:
Nah....just kidding. Thanks for your link.
Cheers.

Hi Zak, :lol::lol:

You could have a look athttp://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/starting-point-wabi-kusa.29387/ this one only 35 pages long :D Its one of mine :lol:

Sure why not! :clap: After all its only 35 pages!......I can deal with it.:lol:
59191206.jpg

But on a serious note, those miniature scapes on your post are mind blowing stuff:thumbup:. And not forgetting your photography skill, its also....something I'm wish I can have.
Cheers.

Back