• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A few scape's in one place (scape #3 page 3)

Gorgeous looking tank! Great work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Aaron.c
Slowly getting on top of this scape issues, finally managed to get some amanos last week too so hopefully algae should be in decline soon,
IMG_0314.JPG

Day off tomorrow so planning filter, Lilly pipe clean and water change,
Cheers for looking.

It's looking great and there's SO much plant mass! If you're still noticing some algae issues a few weeks later, you may want to raise the light a few inches up. Worked for me!

Reactions: tim
Scape has become an overgrown mess due to lack of time and lack of interest lately, easier to rescape than sort out :)
IMG_0129.JPG

Moved the livestock to my 90cm tank and redid the tank Saturday, less plant varieties should hopefully lead to a little less maintenance, pics will follow once the water has cleared,
Cheers for looking :)

Once again, a lovely scape - you're on a roll!
Thanks Million,
Scapes growing in slowly, rotala is very green at the moment, diatoms and a bit of staghorn in the moss so I'm keeping the light low for now, added some ricardia amongst the dragon stone.
Quick I phone pic
IMG_0211.JPG

Cheers for looking :)

Tim,

Earlier on in scape 2 I think you switched from the surface skimmer and used an external eheim pump (1048) with inline CO2. Just wondering why you swapped back? It was something I had been pondering.

Have enjoyed reading through your tank develop, you make it look too easy :)

All the best.

Tim,

Earlier on in scape 2 I think you switched from the surface skimmer and used an external eheim pump (1048) with inline CO2. Just wondering why you swapped back? It was something I had been pondering.

Have enjoyed reading through your tank develop, you make it look too easy :)

All the best.
Thanks for the compliment :) it's never easy :lol: I found the eheim pump though excellent for flow and distribution of co2 contributed to some algae issues as it has no prefilter to catch detritus, impeller chopping up all the muck it removed and spreading it back round the tank, I would use the method again but I would fit an external or internal sponge prefilter.

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'd pondered using it with the eheim prefilter or something similar so that would hopefully deal with detritus before it returned to the tank but cheers for the pointer.

Have to say though I like the look of your glass skimmer/intake. In fact I've been sitting catching flies for the past wee while just staring at the FTS its superb. Have you removed the pinnatfida or is it just settling in?

Cheers

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'd pondered using it with the eheim prefilter or something similar so that would hopefully deal with detritus before it returned to the tank but cheers for the pointer.

Have to say though I like the look of your glass skimmer/intake. In fact I've been sitting catching flies for the past wee while just staring at the FTS its superb. Have you removed the pinnatfida or is it just settling in?

Cheers
The glass skimmers are great, though a little bulky but I find they don't catch shrimp and fish like my eheim skimmer. The pinnatadifida melted unfortunately, along with staurogyne it's a plant I don't seem to be able to grow.

Scape's looking nice :)
I understand your frustration about H.pinnatifida, I've been there; I had good results with the following combination: strong light, strong current, pressurized CO2, and using a long term fertilizer from DRAK Aquaristik : Ferrdrakon Power; good results meaning this :

20160911.jpg

As for Staurogyne, also it's described as a hardy plant, it needs a very nutritious substrate and it takes a veryyyyyyy long time to adapt
About the foreground I feel that the sand doesn't complement very well the dragon stones; I would crush a large dragon stone to pieces, siphon out the sand , or a big part of it, and put the small stones; or replace the actual sand by a white only or light brown one ; what do you think ?

Morning folks, it's been a while :), slight change to the scape, sand removed elecharis parvula planted, Monte Carlo has decided to work its way over the hardscape so imagine the carpet will end up mixed, working on thickening the rotala background, not sure the light is showing its best colour so may switch it out for a twinstar led.
IMG_0976.JPG

Still needs work, still a little algae hanging around, cheers for looking, :)

Back