• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Product Review Cascade/Hangon filters

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Brought a couple of these filters from ebay to replace my Eheim:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aquael-Ve...hash=item4d3c333038:m:mNcgM_N7O1Kk2MA7CK-CyMg

s-l1600.jpg

Great little filters, very quiet and great flow, brought two of the 500lph for my 12l tanks, they come with two closed sponge trays which you can add/replace with any filter material, very handy. Very good adjustable flow, I leave it wide open on my tanks. I have tried about 5-6 different cascading filters over the years and I must say I am impressed with these ones. Even the adjustable wheel at back to keep it at distance from the glass is a nice touch.

For me the intake pipe was quite long for my tanks but you can easily cut them to size, make sure you cut the U pipe and not the end pipe otherwise it will not fit, should be clear enough. If you looking for something like this to keep filters out of small tanks I recommend it, the 500lph can easily do up to 30l tank.

Cheers

A couple of days too late for me Paulo :(.Just ordered a Fluval C2 for my shrimp tank :rolleyes:.

A couple of days too late for me Paulo :(.Just ordered a Fluval C2 for my shrimp tank :rolleyes:.
Shame, let us know how you get on with those, not one that I have tested.

Look pretty solid and I like AquaEl. Let me know if there's any pump cavitation after a few weeks will you. My current APS ones have a tendency to "spit/burp" but like yours were quite when I got them. Are you using any pre-filter on it?
So far so good, been using one for about 5 weeks and the other for 3 weeks. No pre-filters.

LOL. Now I realise what that 'wheel' is for! There is one for my Azoo Mignon 150 but I never figured out where to put it. Just this second attached it to the base of the filter instead of the felt pads I improvised before...

P

They look very interesting indeed, certainly an alternative to the more popular models.

They're a decent brand - I've got one of their "plastic easy heaters" which is tiny and ideal for nano set ups. I'm also using an Aquael Turbo Filter 500 in my 40l cube and have no complaints. I've even got the optional LED UV device that attaches to the outlet.

Hi London Dragon.
I was thinking of getting an Aquael HOB filter for my 35LTR planted Dennerle Scapers Tank. At the moment I have an Aquael Pat Mini Internal and fancied a change. Are you still using them in your tanks and do you think that it would suit using the HOB Filter with Bio CO2? Any advice greatly received!
Simon

Hi London Dragon.
I was thinking of getting an Aquael HOB filter for my 35LTR planted Dennerle Scapers Tank. At the moment I have an Aquael Pat Mini Internal and fancied a change. Are you still using them in your tanks and do you think that it would suit using the HOB Filter with Bio CO2? Any advice greatly received!
Simon
For some reason missed this question, replaced one but the other still going strong today (almost 6 years same media sponges), I only use them on small 12l tanks low tech.

Back