• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best custom tank builders UK?

castle

Looking to get a 120x40x40 built, but I want the silicone work to be spotless - anyone out there getting close to this? (I'd buy an ADA 120P if they were in stock :( )

No. But there was a thread regarding this company and everyone came to the conclusion that this company is the one to go for atm.

If you want a high end builder, you want to be looking at companies used by the reefing community - like Vince at aquarium connections : https://aquarium-connections.co.uk/

Those mitred joints are to die for :

services-main.jpg

He can build to your custom spec regarding low iron glass, sump / sumpless etc

Have seen some of his work in person - it's like the ADA of the reefing world, one of the best in the industry (not cheap though!)

If you want a high end builder, you want to be looking at companies used by the reefing community - like Vince at aquarium connections : https://aquarium-connections.co.uk/

Those mitred joints are to die for :

services-main.jpg

He can build to your custom spec regarding low iron glass, sump / sumpless etc

Have seen some of his work in person - it's like the ADA of the reefing world, one of the best in the industry (not cheap though!)

Aren't those joints much more visible?

Personally I did not like it...

I went to see aquariums 4 life about 3 or 4 weeks ago and their work is very, very good. I'm relatively new here but been keeping fish pretty much all my life so definitely know a good tank from a bad one. Their silicon work is super clean. My tank has been put on hold for a few weeks but I will be ordering from them

Fit filtration is another high end builder that's usually a bit pricier than a4l but worth a quote.

A4L was a good quote, high shipping but I think I'll be going with them. £315 1200x40x40 optiwhite front and sides. 12mm glass. Good price.

I need a tank this size to move my badis into, love the fish and I want them to have more room. Can't wait to create their new home.

A4L was a good quote, high shipping but I think I'll be going with them. £315 1200x40x40 optiwhite front and sides. 12mm glass. Good price.

I need a tank this size to move my badis into, love the fish and I want them to have more room. Can't wait to create their new home.
What was the delivery time from placing the order?

What was the delivery time from placing the order?

A bit of a deal, as they have something booked coming my way in 8 weeks, so would reduce price of delivery etc, so yes, waiting 8 weeks.

Vince at aquarium connections
Aren't those joints much more visible
Vinces aquariums are brilliant but the bloke is not and neither are his prices.
I had one and the build is amazing, black silicone is favoured with marines but he would use clear if you wanted.

Have a look through this recent thread, might give you an answer and some more info. AVOID ND AQUATICS!
https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/aquarium-manufacturer.52257/

I'd buy an ADA 120P if they were in stock
Have you considered an EA aquascaper? Not the same size as what you want but neither is an ADA 120P. The build quality is great

Have you considered an EA aquascaper? Not the same size as what you want but neither is an ADA 120P. The build quality is great

Nahh, tank is far to deep, I don't have a cabinet for it, with the space I have its very much tank needs to fit my furniture.

Im a big fan of ND Aquatics. All of the work I’ve seen is remarkable, the tanks as well as cabinets are incredibly well made and a relatively quick build time. They also have good aftercare if anything does go wrong

Im a big fan of ND Aquatics. All of the work I’ve seen is remarkable, the tanks as well as cabinets are incredibly well made and a relatively quick build time. They also have good aftercare if anything does go wrong
I'm unsure when you last saw any or dealt with them but I know they are not the company they used to be by a long way.

Back