• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

GUIDE: Auto Dosing EI (Estimative Index) With Jebao / Jecod DP Series

Anyone had the newer version of this with the control panel on front please? I've had to send THREE back now due to not dosing randomly at required times, yet worked at other times. Simply didn't work some days! :(

Yeah I have the new two pump version. The only thing that’s a bit basic is the interval settings. You have to actually set them up a day apart or fudge the dates as a work around.

For example: initial set pump up on day 1. Pump 1, interval day of 1. Pump 2 interval day of 1. First setup day is pump off unless interval is 0.

Day 2: both pumps run
Day 3: both pumps off.

A work around is to set your pumps date 2 days backwards, set up pump 1. Set date forward a day, set up pump two. Set date forward a day (back to actual date) now the schedule will be:

Day 1: Pump 1
Day 2: Pump 2
Day 3: Pump 1

.... etc. Just replicate/scale up for each pump if buying larger units.

It’s a bit annoying having to do this but it’s so cheap you can forgive it for not being a smarter device. Pump works great otherwise, and the display being on the front is perfect, as I’ve made a small shelf for it, to keep it out of the way.

Oh and what containers are people using for the mixes?

Thanks

Nige.
Nige,

On you tube from ReefDudes here in the states he made thes containers from the glass bottles of Voss. I too mimiced them and they work great!

Hope this helps!

Steve

this is a great guide! Just what I was looking for!!

Anybody know the weights of each salt to make up a 2 litter bottle?

Cheers

All very nice, but you need to keep your micro's in a light proof container as micro's are degraded by light leading to it going mouldy.

Something like this would do. (tops or ordered separately).
https://www.ampulla.co.uk/Shop-For-...ack-PET-Plastic-Bottle-No-Cap/p-170-244-2482/

or these if black is not your colour.
https://www.ampulla.co.uk/Shop-For-...-24mm-Cardboard-Effect-DW-Cap/p-170-298-4981/

Or cover a clear water bottle with back tape or keep well covered and out the way in your cupboard.

This is my dosing cupboard, where bottles are kept in the dark.
upload_2018-10-1_16-1-8.png

All very nice, but you need to keep your micro's in a light proof container as micro's are degraded by light leading to it going mouldy.
View attachment 118251

Ah ok good point. What about liquid carbon, does that degrade in light?
I ask because I’m thinking of geting 5liters of it on eBay for £25. But it looks like it’s in a clear plastic container and I always thought it needed to be in black like the easycarbo bottles?

h ok good point. What about liquid carbon, does that degrade in light?
Yes, it can degrade in light, which is why EasyCarbo is in dark bottles, Excel in opaque bottles and other makes say keep out of bright light.

Allow me to make this mess a little more complicated. :')

My Ei program calls for the following;
Sun : 40ml Macro after 50% water change.
Mon : 60ml Micro
Tue : 40ml Macro
Wed : 60ml Micro
Thu : 40ml Macro
Fri : Rest day
Sat : Rest day

My autodoser is plugged into a powerbar that has a week schedule timer built into every socket,
and from what I understand, the autodoser will just carry on with its schedule whenever power is supplied.

SO THEN..
Doser schedule;
Macro pump 40ml twice daily at 12:05 and 23:55
Micro pump 60ml once daily at 23:45.

Powerbar schedule;
Sun : On between 12:00 and 12:10 and between 23:40 and 23:50
Mon : On between 23:50 and 23:59
Tue : On between 23:40 and 23:50
Wed : On between 23:50 and 23:59
Thu : Remains off.
Fri : Remains off.
Sat : Remains off.

That SHOULD more or less run the program i've got, I think?
I just have to make sure I get my water change done before lunch.
Would the autodoser have any ill effects from being switched on and off every day?

I'm about to get the dp3 this week. Wondering how everyone stores theirs in the cabinet?

I've an EA aquascaper, was thinking if putting mine on a shelf but might be tricky due to space. Otherwise I'm sitting it on some smaller storage where I'll have to move it occasionally to get to things behind tank.

The things that keep you up at night lol!

I have this doser, and finally managed to get it to dose on alternate days, however I seem to be getting air bubbles forming in the tubes.

I went to great lengths to ensure that all air bubbles had been removed during the set-up, and there is no air to draw in from the source containers, so I assume this air is being drawn in around the connector to the doser. I've also read similar issues elsewhere on the net with dosers.

Have any other owners here encountered this happen? What is the best approach - just replace the clear plastic connectors with something more secure, and maybe add cable ties too?

I have this doser, and finally managed to get it to dose on alternate days, however I seem to be getting air bubbles forming in the tubes.

I went to great lengths to ensure that all air bubbles had been removed during the set-up, and there is no air to draw in from the source containers, so I assume this air is being drawn in around the connector to the doser. I've also read similar issues elsewhere on the net with dosers.

Have any other owners here encountered this happen? What is the best approach - just replace the clear plastic connectors with something more secure, and maybe add cable ties too?
I've added several cable ties to the parts above and below where it joins if you see what I mean. Regularly check for flow problems ie on water change day, and all seems to be working fine.

Also, don't know if you are but I'm using co2 resistant tubing not airline tubing. Been running for 8 months now.

I've added several cable ties to the parts above and below where it joins if you see what I mean. Regularly check for flow problems ie on water change day, and all seems to be working fine.

Also, don't know if you are but I'm using co2 resistant tubing not airline tubing. Been running for 8 months now.

Thanks for the reply. I’m currently using airline tubing, but it is a bit stiffer and more solid than the usual silicone tubing.

I’ve ordered some properly barbed 4mm connectors from eBay, to replace the crap clear ones that came with the doser, hopefully those in place, secured with some grip ties, should prevent the air getting in:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/222577175059

Check out my video my settings work fine. You can set it at anytime you like

Cheers
Ryan

Hey

i bought the 4 head and had a nightmare setting it up, until your post dam along,, thanks loads but i only habe it running on one tank now but cant work out how to turn off pumps 3 and 4 from running, amy ideas ?

Hey

i bought the 4 head and had a nightmare setting it up, until your post dam along,, thanks loads but i only habe it running on one tank now but cant work out how to turn off pumps 3 and 4 from running, amy ideas ?
hi

glad you like the video. can the ml be set to zero. im not sure im not home to have a look at the doser

Ok
if you set it at zero ml it won't pump

cheers
ryan

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

ok thanks,, just dont understand how difficult it would be too have a proper program in the device that could do alternate days and dosage withouy all this crazy stuff we are doing, its ridiculous really it cant cost amy more as its such a simple program, oh well

just dont understand how difficult it would be too have a proper program in the device that could do alternate days and dosage withouy all this crazy stuff we are doing, its ridiculous really it cant cost amy more as its such a simple program, oh well
Should be really easy to do.
I simply have mine dose macris at night and micros shortly before lights on. Never had a problem.
I did read this thread a while ago, but couldn't get myself to set it up like this.

Probably close to being a dead thread, but I made an account just to thank all of you for all of the help anyways! I've been meaning to get an autodoser for a while and now that I'm going out of town for a few weeks, I pulled the trigger so my water changer (food is automated because I've seen how fat people let their friggin dogs get) wouldn't have to worry about coming by every day.

Special thanks to @Ryan Thang To for his video. I'm not very programmatically inclined and this helped.... a LOT.

One way to have it not dose on water change day would be to put in on a WiFi socket, that is simply off that day :)

Also to avoid the shaft from spinning inside the pump heads, could you add a coat of something rubbery to the parts that is touching the shaft?
Just some thoughts :)

Back